PDA

View Full Version : CAA CPL(H) Theory Exams

Rotorhead412
28th Feb 2009, 20:47
Next set of exams due the 11th March guys!!!!

Anyway, Hi all, starting a thread to see if all CPL theory students out there/ anyone that wants to chip in a hand, can get together to throw querys at one another and methods people have for learning certain stuff, as i'm sure you all know, the material on the syllabus is quite daunting at times, and it doesn't say people can't help one another learn the stuff! So lets try and make this one work!

We'll use this thread for the 9 subjects of:
1) Human Performance & Limitations
2) Principles of Flight
3) Aircraft General Knowledge!
4) Air Law
5) Operational Procedures
6) Meteorology
7) Flight Planning & Performance
8) Navigation
9) VFR Comms

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated at all!

Whirlygig
28th Feb 2009, 21:26
Most of the guys here are ATPL(A) students so you might find PoF given some strange discussions :}.

If you search for "questions" in this forum, you'll find quite a few pointers.

Cheers

Whirls

wobble2plank
1st Mar 2009, 09:32
Sign up for the Bristol Ground school online question bank, they have a helo section there.

The majority of the 'rubbish' is duplicated between A and H except, as Whirls pointed out, P of F and performance which differ somewhat! :eek:

Always remember, helicopters were never destined to fly, they only get airborne because they are so ugly the earth repels them. ;)

Good luck with the exams!

wobble2plank
1st Mar 2009, 10:53
Edboldie,

Don't bother looking at peoples personal sigs then?

Tell you what, with over 4000 helicopter hours in a large variety of types behind my belt, I think I can state my opinion. Whilst most helicopters are great fun to fly they are not, in general, the most graceful of beasts.

After a year on the display circuit, I once heard a comment that helicopter displays are much like masturbation, great fun to do but a bit dull to watch. I will however take my hat off the the RAF Chinook display pilot who was marvelously entertaining.

As to helicopter pilots being special, I'm afraid that's definitely not true. A slightly different skill set maybe, special nope.

My comment was tongue in cheek, yours however seems to be a bit of a personal attack. Come back when you have sufficient heavy helo experience and then comment again. Until then don't thread creep.

Again, good luck with the exams, the BGS online exam repository is an excellent source of information and well worth the fee. ( sorry don't mean to advertise!)