PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Rating expiry/ re test with CAA?

whoopwhoopshutup
28th Feb 2009, 17:33
Hi guys, if i have missed similar posts i am sorry, but could do with some advice.

in August 2000 had my initial IR at Bristol onto a CAA UK CPL, but for some reason although I did the multi engine rating never actually had the ME part added by the CAA. However despite renewing the IR in the sim in March 2004 in order to be current for an MCC course, i am perilously close to being over the 5 year lapse period, which I believe means I may have to do an initial IR exam with the CAA again. As i am not really current IR or on he Seneca I have been quoted around £3500+ for training as required. Anyone out there offer me any advice.I dids see a post reccomending an outfit in spain offering an ir renewal in the a/c for about £1500. I am not sure if its feasible on a CAA versus JAA licence. Thanks in advance.

Keygrip
28th Feb 2009, 19:11
If you renewed in a sim in March 2004, that rating would expire in March 2005 - so five years after that would be March 2010. That's not *my* definition of "perilously close"

I'm curious to know if you DID *renew* in a sim in 2004, and if you had kept the rating current from initial test up until that date.

Did you IR-SPA-ME with CAA in 2000 and sim in 2004, or IR-SPA-SE?

whoopwhoopshutup
28th Feb 2009, 20:14
keygrip thanks for the reply, did my initial IR with caa spa and me with the schools own me examiner (which was conducted as part of the initial test fo sign off to take the ir test, i think it is form 1 70a or something)

Anyway CAA issued me with a CPL/IR but despite me querying twice why they had not shown a multi engine rating on my licence I was told that this was normal and that a multi rating wuld be added at initial type rating of a heavier aircraft. I even had to sit a type written test on the seneca, before i could fly with their cfi and get an me sign off.

Details from my licence CAA not JAA

Commercial Pilts Licence (aeroplanes) isued 04 August 2000
Ratings included SE piston LAND

LAST SEP LAND TEST 21/07 2004 valid til 20/07/2006

Last ME IR SPA Certification of Revalidation 17 march 2004 uk/cae 205922c

in the aircraft/sim code, it say PA34 and was done in a full visual seneca sim.

The examiner queried why i did not have a page for the ME piston land.

May be ssible that the fact licence conversion was from FAA to Uk CAA, I am not sure.
A bit worried about losing everything if I cant renew.

Keygrip
28th Feb 2009, 22:12
This is getting harder to understand - do you have any "chat" facility?

MSN, AOL, ICQ, Skype - whatever (except Yahoo, I've broken mine).