PDA

View Full Version : Tiger in Trouble

EXEK1996
28th Feb 2009, 03:38
I hear that ADL is not going ahead and other plans are being considered for the new a/c.

Currently there is a significant reduction in flying. T4 looks like a ghost town.

How long will Tiger last?

:ooh:

Wing Root
28th Feb 2009, 04:20
I have heard SOME guys recruited for the ADL base have been told they are off to Singas. Great news for them I'm sure... :{

Muff Hunter
28th Feb 2009, 04:56
I'll give them 6 months tops.......

With 5 a/c sitting on the ground for many hours during the day it can only mean the end is near..

Surely these a/c would be better off in Singers than sitting around Oz losing money!!

Face it Tiger(Sing Airlines), you took on QF and lost......cut your loses and run along with your tail between your legs..

Qantas 787
28th Feb 2009, 05:26
Yeah, but thier MD keeps going over the top about having the best on time performance - they seem very happy about that, maybe that is the only positive happening for them.

Angle of Attack
28th Feb 2009, 05:35
LOL! 6 months is optimistic! I'd say 4 at best. You just can't have planes sitting around all day and no public awareness of the brand to survive, pure and simple.
Singapore again = Epic Fail! Lol!

Sunstar320
28th Feb 2009, 05:58
I hear that ADL is not going ahead and other plans are being considered for the new a/c.

Currently there is a significant reduction in flying. T4 looks like a ghost town.

How long will Tiger last?1. Adelaide IS going ahead, it starts tommorow actually, so how is it "not" going ahead when it is?? heh???? VNC is sitting at a gate in ADL as we speak...
2. There is a significant reduction in flying for JQ, DJ, QF. Mabye Tiger stand out a little more with reductions due to such small fleet. TT operate many leisure routes, which are not as popular mid-week.
With 5 a/c sitting on the ground for many hours during the day it can only mean the end is near..They only have 4 Revenue aircraft at the moment, not five. Its only really on Tue/Wed for a couple of hours....hardly "many hours".

People like making things sound alot worse than they are for TT..the public do it..and it seems some members also do it.

Surely these a/c would be better off in Singers than sitting around Oz losing money!!Singapore's situation in this economic downturn is no better than here. I doubt things are much better up north
Being shipped up north in a potential ADL collapse is better than just being dumped on the spot, just look what JQ did to those ADL guys..:ooh:

They need to advertise, advertise, advertise...might pay off in the end...:ok:

fritzandsauce
28th Feb 2009, 06:44
If they were closing ADL why would they be having a "Celebrate New Adelaide Base" sale on right now

If its true VB is pulling out of the ADL-HBA route this will make tiger the sole operator so sshould pick up some business there

Van Gough
28th Feb 2009, 08:31
Epic Fail! Lol!

I don't see how Tiger failing would be funny for everyone who loses their jobs.

Bob Morane
28th Feb 2009, 08:32
Adelaide is going ahead, I just wished some of you guys got your facts right before posting any pessimistic threads . Sometimes I have the feeling its just wishful thinking....... Tiger will survive, they have the lowest overheads than any Jet RPT in OZ and they are sticking to their LCC model. One has to be careful and astute to run an Airline in this climate, like combining 2 flights into one and therefore it appears that aircrafts are parked idle......... Time will tell

viking320
28th Feb 2009, 08:47
I wish all the guys at Tiger,jetstar,QF,VB and all other small and large companies the very best in the tough times .its sad to see any business for that matter not to survive in this difficult times .As an aviator we can all pray and hope that things will turn around. I hope people have not forgotten the 1989,1990s and then the Ansettt collapase and the 911 in 2001. these were all bad times in aviation .
lets hope and pray and wish that people continue to fly and that makes airlines to fly and keep all of us in JOBS. and also the future of aviation keeps growing.
Viking

lk978
28th Feb 2009, 09:03
Why are there so many posts with a gleefull tone about airlines in trouble. It seems some people are far to set in their arm chairs.

If its not Virgin it is SAW, McAir or the demise of Qantas. Will you not be happy untill there are no airlines?

Get a life

tail wheel
28th Feb 2009, 10:44
Yes indeed. Some people need to "Get a life"!

:mad: