View Full Version : Question to UK Charter Crews

Canuck_AV8R
25th Apr 2001, 19:02
I am based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and have noticed over the past number of weeks that there are at least 2 UK charter companies operating flights in and out of Calgary (CYYC). I believe they are Flying Colours and Monarch. My question is do the crews doing these flights fly them as a turnaround or do they stay in CYYC and catch the next flight home.

My reasons for asking are twofold, firstly it seems like it would be a very long duty period to fly the turnaround UK (Manchester I think)-CYYC-UK. I suppose it could be flown by an augmented crew. Secondly if the crews do stay in CYYC I would (schedule permitting, both mine and yours) like to meet somewhere and solve all the aviation industry's problems over a pint.

Any of the crews involved can post to me here or email me privately at [email protected]

Cheers

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/pint1.gif
Canuck

[This message has been edited by Canuck_AV8R (edited 25 April 2001).]

expedite_climb
26th Apr 2001, 02:35
Flying Colours ?

Do you mean JMC then ?

A number of JMC airbuses are based out in the states over the winter, flying with Ryan Intl. Don't know if that helps at all.

Canuck_AV8R
26th Apr 2001, 08:33
Could be JMC, sorry I am not up to date on all the various UK airlines.

The crews are definately from the UK judging from the accents (and the fact that I married one, a Brit that is). I was just curious. One A/C I saw was an A330 and another was a B767. The A330 was a Monarch one, I would know those colours anywhere, they haven't changed much since I was living in Ireland 16 years ago :) :)

Any word on the crew's R&R availability would be good.

Cheers

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/pint1.gif

VICCYTEN
26th Apr 2001, 19:24
Calgary, Ah Happy days,

Hows the Delta Bow Valley Hotel nowadays. And I seem to remember the best steaks I ever had were at Mother Tuckers Food Experience.

Suppose its all changed now.

BaconJuice
26th Apr 2001, 20:34
afraid you are gonna have to wait until next December to catch up with the Monarch crews. They operate ex LGW on WED and SAT and crews layover YYC. The season runs DEC-APR. Airtours operate MAN-YYC on similar lines.

Canuck_AV8R
27th Apr 2001, 02:14
BJ:

Thanks for the response. I guess I will have to wait until next ski season.

Oh well if ski season is almost over (what there was of it this year) that means summer is coming YEE HA!!!!!

VC10:

If it is good steak you want you should try the Cattle Baron out by the airport. Not cheap but v.good.

Cheers from CYYC