PDA

View Full Version : A Burning Issue - sign here.

Effendi
24th Apr 2001, 00:21
Three times now both pilots of a BAe 146 have been incapacitated while flying by fumes, putting fellow crew members and passengers at risk. And what is the reaction of BAe? "The manufacturer stresses that the aircraft is internationally certified as safe". In other words, we don't recognise a problem.
That's ridiculous. What I wanted to hear was something along the lines of: "We recognise that we have a serious safety problem and we are sparing neither time nor money in trying to find a solution. The safety of crew and passengers is of paramount importance to us".
I believe a great number of ppruners agree with me - especially those 146 crew members who owe it to themselves, their families and their passengers to demand a speedy solution. But making such open demands in the aviation industry would be miscontrued as trouble-making.

Edited to remove reference to a 'petition' as no one asked me if they could use this site for their own agenda and I need the disk space anyway. Make your comments and views known but don't try and start anonymous petitions in the name of PPRuNe.

[Note: This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe]

411A
24th Apr 2001, 06:19
Hmm, reminds me of the ah...."inaction" that Vickers had to the Viscount tailplane icing problem. Ignore and it will "go away"?