PDA

View Full Version : A good read for a good cause

CamelPilot
13th Mar 2002, 17:31
John Templeton Smith is a prolific writer. Often about aviation,and is a regular contributor to PILOT magazine. The Towers are allowing the following to placed in a couple of forums and have left it to me to decide. I think this forum is entirely appropriate, as is Aircraft History and Nostalgia.. .. .I have researched a little of JTS and some of his books, which some will clearly recognise, and are listed below. I leave the rest to you.. .__________________________________________________. .. ."I am involved in a major fundraising effort for my local branch of Riding for the Disabled and, since John is a professional pilot and many of his novels have had a flying theme, I thought that your readers might be interested in. .this charity fundraising scheme that John has agreed with RRDA. . .. .Do you have a forum where this message could be posted?. .. .The latest novel, "Then A Soldier", by best selling author John Templeton Smith will be published on 7th May 2002 in paperback and can be pre-ordered now. John has most generously agreed to donate all of his royalties (£1 per copy to a maximum of £30,000) for sales of this book to Ravelrig branch of the Riding for the Disabled Association (RRDA).. .. .All John asks is that RRDA provide him with a proof of purchase for each copy that is ordered, and orders must be placed before 30th June 2002 to qualify.". .. .For full details about the author, the book, and how the fund-raising scheme. .operates, please visit the RRDA Fund-raisers website at <a href="http://www.rrda-fundraisers.org.uk." target="_blank">http://www.rrda-fundraisers.org.uk.</a>. .. .Colin Dawson. .. .Home address: 15 Glenartney Grove, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8FD. .. .Telephone 0131-558-4220 (office), 01383-720033 (home).. .________________________________________________. .AS John Smith -. .. .SKYTRAP (1983 H/B Century - 1985 P/B Corgi ). .. .PATTERSON'S VOLUNTEERS (1984 H/B Century - 1986 P/B Corgi ) . .. .ROLLING THUNDER (1986 H/B Century-Hutchinson ). .. .As John Templeton Smith -. .. .THE FIFTH FREEDOM (1988 H/B Michael Joseph 1989 P/B Sphere ). .. .WHITE LIE (1999 Pocket Books P/B ) . .. .SAIGON EXPRESS (2000 Pocket Books P/B ) . .. .Soon to be released -. .. .THEN A SOLDIER (2002 Pocket Books P/B )