View Full Version : Standby Cover

Yellow Belly
23rd Apr 2001, 21:38
I am interested in finding out about other short haul airlines Standby Cover policy.

At present my airline has home standby (with a two hour call out)which is rostered to cover a 12hour period. We also have an Airport Standby cover that requires you to be at the airport for immediate call out. This usually runs for a six hour period (0600-1200).
I know of no other short haul operator that operates this kind of airport standby,please let me know your companies policy.

Many thanks.

ExSimGuy
23rd Apr 2001, 23:53
US Air does not issue junior cabin crew "flight schedules" - they are on "home standby" during normal duties. They also have "airport standby" wher the crew are at the airport in case of late "sick" calls of crew "stuck in traffic" etc.

Britannia (years ago, but possibly the same now) had several "duties" each month as "airport standby"

Makes ense to me ;p

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!

Airprox
28th Apr 2001, 16:24
Yellow Belly,

British Midland Commuter normally roster 6 hr std bys but recently the 146 fleet have been on 8-9 hr home std bys and 8 hr std bys in the apt. But the crews get payed for each hour they are on std by and get a £10 bonus when on apt std by.

Air 2000 don't normally roster apt std bys but their home std bys are 8-9 hrs long and you don't get any duty pay!

------------------
AP

OpsBoy
28th Apr 2001, 21:30
Yellow Belly, think you'll find those sby's fairly common, we operate same way..mainly home 6hr home sby's but you can be rostered upto a 12hr sby with 1.5hr to get to work, also rostered a variety of airport sby's

------------------
The Legend lives on ... OpsBoy !!!!