PDA

View Full Version : The "What happened to my thread?" Thread

povopilot
26th Feb 2009, 05:12
Well, what did happen to it? It was in good humour and was not defaming anyone.

You thought I was being an idiot with that thread but look at what has popped up since it was posted

http://www.pprune.org/d-g-general-aviation-questions/363798-massey-university-flying-school.html

http://www.pprune.org/d-g-general-aviation-questions/363635-usa-pilot-wanting-move-aus.html

Come on moderators, you can delete my thread but how about offering some guidance on how to use the search function to those who, with their first ever post ask yet again what XX flying school is like and what theory books they should buy. Seriously, go back through the last four or so pages of threads and see just how many times the same topic is bought up.

****, I think I should find something better to do in my spare time, I am at risk of turning into Wally Mk3.

povopilot.

sms777
26th Feb 2009, 06:38
Have you noticed no one is replying to your thread?.....
They all scared of the big, bad moderators. Seems like you stepped on some toes, so they simply gone CLICK

Tidbinbilla
26th Feb 2009, 07:28
Povopilot,

Your thread was moved to admin. Most likely because you logged in from an unsecured computer, and somebody had a little fun at your expense.

I quote your opening post:

Hello, I am thinking of starting training for my pilots license soon does anyone have any opinions of flying school's at Moorabbin, Bankstown or Archerfield - Will any schools make it easier to get a job with QANTAS when i am done?. Also can anyone recommend some good text books that i can use to study with?

When i am finished i am thinking of doing an instructor rating, are there any jobs out there for instructors? What about if I do an instrument rating instead? where is a good place to do this cheaply but also in the latest aircraft.

I was thinking about working for free when i have finished just to get my hours up can someone out there tell me if this is a good idea?What about the QLINK/REX cadetships should i apply for one of these.

It seems that all the jobs for freshly qualified pilots are up north - can anyone help me out with names of operators, chief pilots names, minimum requirements and contact phone numbers?. Also should i drive up or fly there?

Would it even be a good idea to go overseas and do my flying and then convert my license to an Australian one? How would i go about doing this?

When i went flying the other day with my uncle i he was getting angry at all the radio calls and saying that no one could get them right, it also seemed like there was a lot of ummmmmmm's and ahhhhh's coming from other pilots is this a threat to the safety?

Barwon Heads. Barwon Heads, Barwon Heads.

The moderators are bastards

How do i log hours in my logbook?

What F**king Headset should i buy?

There, now we never need anyone to start another new thread ever again.I suggest you take better steps to protect your security in the future when logging on.

SMS777 - your village is calling.:8

Rather than start a "Woe is me" thread, how about you shoot us a PM?

TID

PS. One Wally is enough, thank you.:} Good to see you have a sense of humour:8