PDA

View Full Version : Opthalmological Assessment

Kickatinalong
25th Feb 2009, 23:16
Can anyone enlighten me please , after the age of 60 how often do you have to do a O.A. is it every 2 years or 5 years?
Thanks
Kickatinalong.:confused::confused::confused:

TurnYourTruckAround
26th Feb 2009, 00:13
Two Years.

tipsy2
26th Feb 2009, 00:13
Ring your DAME and ask them.

Actually if you can say "Opthalmological Assessment" you should pass:E

Seriously, ring first and ask, could save the cost of having to go back for a second consultation.

Fantome
26th Feb 2009, 00:37
Special Reports and Tests Required for Class 1, 2 and 3 Certificates

These tests are in addition to the standard medical examination.

Class 1 Initial Issue
ECG, audiogram, estimation of fasting serum lipids and fasting blood glucose and an examination by CASA Designated Aviation Ophthalmologist.
Class 1 Renewals
ECGs are required at the first renewal after the 25th, 30th, 32nd, 34th, 36th, 38th and 40th birthdays, and annually thereafter.
Audiograms are required at the first renewal after the 25th birthday and every fifth birthday thereafter.
Estimation of fasting serum lipids and of fasting blood glucose is required at the first renewal after the 25th birthday and every fifth birthday thereafter.
Examination by CASA Designated Aviation Ophthalmologist at age 60 and at two-yearly intervals thereafter.
Class 2
No special requirements, unless clinically indicated.

Kickatinalong
26th Feb 2009, 07:29
Thanks guys,
I did ring my DAME and he told me every 5 years but the chick from CASA who was not to be delt with she wants 2 years so I best make the appointment and stop trying to save a quid.
Kickatinalong:ugh::ugh::ugh: