PDA

View Full Version : FAA Office in Jeddeh

Groundaphobic
25th Feb 2009, 12:37
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is an FAA Office in Jeddeh, and if so where?

I have looked both on the FAA site and done a brief search on this one, but to no avail,

Many Thanks!

mutt
25th Feb 2009, 13:44
They pulled out many years ago..... the last time that i remember seeing them conducting any business, they were driven around in a bullet proof car with armed marines :):)

Mutt

Fool 'n' Tameez
26th Feb 2009, 10:45
Excuse my ignorance, but why should the FAA have any presence in Saudi? It's GACA's jurisdiction.

mutt
26th Feb 2009, 13:36
F&T, the FAA ran the operational side of the regulatory authority for the last 50 years, all flight crew medicals, licences, ratings were issued by them. The GACA licence/medical were just issued based on the US documents.

This came to an end following the terrorist activity in Saudi as the FAA refused to come to the country to conduct pilot flight checks, GACA then assumed responsbility for conducting check rides, issuing licences etc. But they still operate under the FAR's as there are no Saudi regulations.

Mutt

Itswindyout
27th Feb 2009, 02:32
There is an FAA Rep based in CAE in Dubai.

His function is toi monitor the sims, trainers, and quality of management.

He is there for another week, before going off duty.

If you need a "question" answered, then try phone call to CAE DXB, and ask for Peter the FAA Bod.

windy

Groundaphobic
27th Feb 2009, 09:07
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess I will have to wait until I get back home from the worlds largest sandbox.

Meanwhile....on with he low profile :\