PDA

View Full Version : New Skywest services

topend3
25th Feb 2009, 11:39
Skywest have announced two new RPT routes in the past week, re-entering Darwin, via Broome and Kununurra and now this :

Media Release 2009-02-25

Skywest announces Geraldton & Carnarvon to Karratha service

Skywest Airlines announced today that it will commence flights from Geraldton & Carnarvon to Karratha.

The service will commence 01 April 2009, and will operate 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s.

Skywest Airlines Chief Executive Officer, Paul Daff, said the Geraldton/Carnarvon to Karratha service was an exciting new chapter for Western Australian aviation.

“The new service will provide the growing Pilbara region with an invaluable link to the Mid West and Gascoyne. It will facilitate convenient access for people travelling between the three regions, further highlighting Skywest’s continued commitment to regional Western Australia.” Mr Daff said.

The Minister for Regional Development, Brendon Grylls welcomed the new service. “I congratulate Skywest on their continued efforts to provide services across regional Western Australia. The connecting flights between Geraldton/Carnarvon and Karratha is a step forward and will assist in the development of the mid west, Gascoyne and Pilbara regions.”

The service will operate three times a week, using a 46-seater Fokker 50 turbo prop air aircraft.

To launch the new service, Skywest is offering one way fares starting from $178 between Geraldton and Karratha and from $146 between Carnarvon and Karratha. Bookings can be made via the website at skywest.com.au or by calling 1300 66 00 88 or visiting a travel agent.

Schedule from 01 April is as follows:
Flights from Geraldton to Karratha
Depart Arrive Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
1115 1415 X X X
Flights from Carnarvon to Karratha
1300 1415 X X X
Flights from Karratha to Carnarvon
1445 1530 X X X
Flights from Karratha to Geraldton
1445 1700 X X X

END OF MEDIA RELEASE

cunninglinguist
27th Feb 2009, 04:12
Now THERE'S an opening for the 320, surely :E

Green gorilla
27th Feb 2009, 04:55
It was done before with J31s many years ago hope it works this time around.:eek:

aussie027
2nd Mar 2009, 18:00
More news on routes and profits/losses--

Skywest adds more NW flights : thewest.com.au (http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=8&ContentID=127417)

flyingfox
3rd Mar 2009, 03:37
The West Australian story referred to in the previous post is a typical rambling from that journo. He seems to rely on the largess of aviation companies to keep his career on track and the 'news', air tickets and invitations rolling in. Been like that for decades. What is written is no more than 'company blurb', regardless of the company being reported on. Also, he will always take a 'company view' of any dispute regarding crew or staff. That's where the favors lie!

ebt
3rd Mar 2009, 06:41
Gee, flyingfox, would you like some sauce for that chip on your shoulder?

I had a look and I don't see anything particularly unbalanced. The story is one coming out from the carrier, so what else should he have written? There aren't - as far as I am aware - a lack of "employee's view", as I don't think there is much that's relevant. In any case, it's good to see a story about new RPT services during this time.

ROH111
3rd Mar 2009, 11:49
Good to see Skywest doing something positive!

A fantastic company with some of the best pilot's that this great country has to offer. Their expansion will surely be rewarded!!

:ok:

flyingfox
3rd Mar 2009, 16:43
What chip is that ebt? I certainly have no gripe with SWA. The point is that this wasn't a press release. It was a story on the utterances of HD. As usual with GT there is no scrutiny or 'journalism' involved. If HD had said 'it was raining contracts and passengers', that is what would have been written. Just being a mouthpiece for any airline is not journalism. The article is just a sales pitch for the SWA 'press release'. So keep this in mind whenever said journo writes an article on any matter. See what you think then!

ebt
3rd Mar 2009, 22:28
With all due respect flyingfox, that is what a lot of journalism is these days. Almost every article in the paper comes from a press release somewhere, with a little bit more colour added. In this case, it was an XR press release and GT spoke to HD to get a bit more info - standard manouever. At the end of the day, it's just about information, right?

Apologies for the thread drift, I'll leave it there for now.