PDA

View Full Version : Arik Air Aircraft Seized

Sherlock222
25th Feb 2009, 10:24
I heard a rumour that an aircraft and crew were seized on the Ivory Coast. Anybody heard anything?

jetjockey696
25th Feb 2009, 12:14
seize by pirates???? :O seriously i hope will happens to the guys n gals

BAe146s make me cry
25th Feb 2009, 12:20
West Africa...It doesn't even need to be pirates - a school last year 'impounded' a celebrity's helicopter because it landed on the playing field.

Last I read, they were asking for a release fee in US$$$$...

BAe146??? :{:{:{

P.S. Is it one of the Q400s or CRJs??

FrancoisM
25th Feb 2009, 16:58
Hi there,

it's a Raytheon Hawker 800XP (5N-JMA).

Has been seized for fake overfly and landing authorizations. Seems they had also fake overfly authorizations for Benin, Togo and Ghana ...

HTH

Francois.

NIJASEA
26th Feb 2009, 03:22
Aint that the chairmans private jet :confused:? The Bus drivers better check their docs before getting stuck over north Africa.

RWEDAREYET
26th Feb 2009, 12:01
The Chairman had a Challenger 604, may still have it. The HS did mostly charter. Maybe things have changed.

Mr. Smith
26th Feb 2009, 12:12
With regards the school landing, it was a British International school that siezed the helicopter for landing in the schools playing field. How irresponsible is that? People could have been injured.

ANyway, get the story here: BBC NEWS | Africa | Nigerian star's helicopter held (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7604857.stm)

alouette
1st Mar 2009, 04:29
Isn't that thorpe Obasanje the owner of Arik Air?

9jarep
23rd Mar 2009, 01:08
i hear the aircraft was released after almost two weeks in Abidjan :Dcharter operators should stop Operating impromptu International Charters knowings the difficulty in obtaining this permits especially with African Countries 'Ghana an Exception':ugh: Arik claims no fine was paid what about all that time the Aircraft sat on ground Abidjan HOTAC for crew parking fees etc:confused:

18left
23rd Mar 2009, 05:42
this are biz jets for "buisness".

methinks african nations should stop been paranoid,its not as if they brought in a cache of arms!

detaining a crew for that long is simply unacceptable,and traumatic.

This so called "clerance" has never prevented wars or coups!

I.R.PIRATE
23rd Mar 2009, 07:32
""This so called "clerance" has never prevented wars or coups!""

That may be true - but these "clearances" are also not cheap. There is your answer.

skyloone
23rd Mar 2009, 14:10
Almost without exception, African countries see the aviation industry as a cash cow. A means to development... come on... just show us the $US and please don't have the temerity to ask for service either !! :} It is our right to rape & ruin.... talking of which, how is Zim these days?

ANDRIS
30th Mar 2009, 14:00
I have a Q. about Arik business A/C types, work and living conditions. They have HS800xp or 900?
Thanks.