PDA

View Full Version : Sullenberger Testimony

rdr
24th Feb 2009, 14:57
Sullenberger Testimony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guys an even bigger hero than i thought. Just watched his live testimony to to the Congress. Its a must see for all pilots, and airline managers at all levels. He deflected all attention on himself to tell the world what all of us have been bitching about for years. Cool and very accurate on the deteorating conditions for the profession in the face of bean counting and mismanagement.
Sully, you've got my vote.
:ok::ok::ok:

ICEMAN757200
25th Feb 2009, 21:25
:D He sure have my vote too :ok:

skidoodog
26th Feb 2009, 00:45
Sully,

If you are out there. Thank you.....

We in this business have been grinding away in silence as our wages and working conditions worldwide have been decimated.

Circumstances have made the bright lights in Washington shine upon you.

Your humility and grace in the glare of the spotlight is a fine example for us all.

Your message to those who would listen is logical and clear.

Although I am not an American we share the bond of aviation.

You have made me and many of my collegues proud to be Airline pilots.

Once again, thank you for what you have done, and continue to do on behalf of us all.

Skidoodog
A320 YYZ

Fly3
26th Feb 2009, 05:34
Whole heartedly agree. Sully did us all a great service with his calm and reasoned testimony and we owe him a debt of gratitude for taking the opportunity to use the stage he was given to speak for so many of us. Truely a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you sir.

Sky Dancer
26th Feb 2009, 06:03
Thank you Capt. Sully , you were spot on and once again congratulations on a fantastic piece of airmanship.You deserve every bit of praise you're getting and thank you for keeping the pilot community's interest at the forefront....Just to rewind a bit , my tirade against people like Baldy Gopinath , Fat Bangla Tony , the DGCA etc has been all about this..Everyone of them has successfully walked over pilots , convinced everyone around that they were doing the right thing and in the process made tons of money.....I believe this and always will , despite cost cuts and the works , airlines can still afford to pay their pilots well and take care of them well too...it's just that we sold ourselves out...food for thought guys...:ok: