PDA

View Full Version : SA ATP requirement

za_dir
24th Feb 2009, 14:15
Hi all!

Can someone please show me a website where I can get hold of all the requirements for a SA ATP, under the new Part 61 law. I tried the CAA website but it seems to be down again.

Many thanks

za_dir
24th Feb 2009, 14:19
I found this on RFAs website:

1500 hours of flight time, 500 hours must be PIC under supervision or 250 hours PIC of which 150 hours must be PIC under supervision.

200 hours must be cross-country flight time, 100 hours of which may be co-pilot.

75 hours must be instrument time, 100 hours night flight time.

Must have completed multi-crew co-operations training.

Testing is done on a 2-crew aircraft with a maximum certified mass of 5700 kgs.
But not sure how accurate this info is... Can someone please explain this PICUS to me, i need at least 150 hours, of which i havent even logged one hour!???!! :bored:

Mixed Sources
24th Feb 2009, 14:48
PICUS: Pilot in command under supervision. As in doing line training as a captain.

Prop Job
25th Feb 2009, 08:37
Experience
61.07.2 An applicant for the issuing of a airline transport pilot licence (aeroplane) shall have completed not less than 1 500 hours of flight time, of which –

(a) 250 hours shall be as pilot-in-command or not less than 100 hours aspilot-in-command and 150 hours as co-pilot performing, under the supervision of the pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilot-incommand;

(b) 200 hours shall be cross-country flight time, of which not less than 100 hours shall be as pilot-in-command or as co-pilot performing, under the supervision of the pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilot-in-command;
(c) 75 hours shall be instrument time, of which not more than 30 hours may be instrument ground time;

(d) 100 hours shall be night flight time as pilot-in-command or as co-pilot;
and

(e) not more than 100 hours may be acquired in a simulator.

Note that you need 250 hours as PIC in total of which 150 may be PICUS. It is definately not a requirement. If you have the required 250 hours as PIC, you therefor do not need a single hour of PICUS.

You can also find a summary of the experience requirements on page 2 of the actual License Renewal form from SACAA, form number CA 61-05.02. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prop Job