PDA

View Full Version : Beech 1900 Jobs in Middle East

.air
24th Feb 2009, 11:26
Hello All Beech 1900 Drivers

1- How much does a type rating of Beech 1900 C and D costs?From where can i get the cheapest Beech 1900 rating?Is it better to get a 737 type rating or Beech 1900 type rating?

2- What is the address of Falcon Cargo Airline in Dubai?How much do they pay?Are pilots happy working with them?

3- What are the chances of getting into an airline after 500 hours on turbo prop with 2000 hours of single and multi engine instructional flying?

Help will be highly appreciated:}:):E

Raptor8
24th Feb 2009, 22:10
Hi !

1. At the moment I think the most economical place to get a B1900 rating would be with 43 Advanced Training at Lanseria Airport, South Africa. You should be able to get some info through them about the new costs in 2009. In 2008, I recall, them charging somewhere in the lines of $ 8000. Obviously, obtaining a B737 type rating would be better as there are more opportunities.

2. Address of
Falcon Express Cargo Airlines
P.O. Box 93722, Dubai
Dubai International Airport
United Arab Emirates
Tel. 04 282 6886
Fax. 04 282 6593

I don't know what their current payscale is. I hear pilots are happy with them.

But then again, which pilot is ever happy, and does not moan about pay, schedules, etc ! The are never happy.......

3. Chances in the UAE........ A lot of LUCK ! As well as being in the right place at the right time and knowing the RIGHT people !

Where do you instruct?

Fly Safe.

Best Wishes !

Raptor 8

mutt
25th Feb 2009, 03:04
Obviously, obtaining a B737 type rating would be better as there are more opportunities

I disagree as the poster hasnt said how many hours he/she actually has... 737 rating and no hours is presently worthless!

Falcon Express is a hours factory, lots of crew movements due to dire lifestyle. I do not believe that they have any crew who have stayed more than 12 months! So plan accordingly.

Mutt

ODGUY
25th Feb 2009, 17:48
Howbout you get paid to fly instead of paying to fly? I dunno, just a thought.

OMDB-PiLoT
25th Feb 2009, 17:56
I agree with ODGUY here. Paying for any rating today is like taking a VERY big risk. Plus if you dont manage to find a job in time, the renewals, etc. is only going to cost more. So I suggest finding a firm that is ready to hire you first.

S.F.L.Y
25th Feb 2009, 20:14
So I suggest finding a firm that is ready to hire you first.

True, that's so easy in DXB. :E What about someone who worked on the ground to pay for his training as it's sometimes the only way to find a job? It's easy to disagree when you're actually flying, now try to think as if you were the one looking for the job without jet time and type rating.

OMDB-PiLoT
25th Feb 2009, 20:41
Well, the best way up is by getting an Instructor Rating. If you got 200 odd hours and plan on getting a B1900 or even a 737 rating, then chances of getting a job are extremely slim! So make a wise decision and spend your money at the right place.

Remember, with an instructor rating, you can get a job anywhere in this world! You can go to Timbaktu with an FI rating and get hired.

Good luck.

Edit. Oh I'm sorry, I am confusing this thread with another one :ugh: The guys there had low hours.

sharksucker
25th Feb 2009, 21:48
@.air:
Falcon Express is a decent company to build some time and do some networking.
Most Pilots stay about 1 year, some up to 3 years.. In the time of economic downturn expect the turnover of pilots in Falcon to decrease..
Pay somewhere in the region of 38.000 USD/year for FO and 58.000 USD/year for cpt. That includes the housing, so tough to survive on FO salery, but other guys have managed before...
Min. requirement for FO is 500TT and 300 ME and a Beech 1900 type. Type costs you 7.500 USD in Denver, forgot the name of that TRTO (they do 737 ratings as well).
Cpt. needs ATPL at least, for UAE ATPL you need 1.500 PIC, half of your SIC time you can count as PIC for this purpose.
They usually always need captains on the B1900, not sure about current situation on the FO side.
Best to call them, ask for the DOO, Mr. Sanchez. Try to get an interview and show willingness to get a type. They will not promise you anything, but Mr. Sanchez is a very honest person and if he tells you that he would hire you when coming back with a type and they need somebody, he will do so!
Might be you have to wait a few weeks or months before another vacancy comes up..
But dont do a type unless you got a positive feedback from them!
Apart from that you might try Empire Aviation Group, operating 2 C-208s on behalf of TDIC.
You have a South African Licence? There is a cloudseeding Beech 90 in Al Ain?
You might try with fly.ave or aerovista, some time ago they offered low hour guys a job against selfsponsored type on the 732 (I believe around 12K USD).
Good luck!

You might try Horizon Flightacademy in Al Ain if you have instructors rating, dont know if they hire at the moment, but package (about 18 month ago) was much better then in Falcon...

.air
27th Feb 2009, 13:44
I have approx 500 instructional hours with my 235 Cpl/Ir hours.Off course i will look for some one who will give me a job (every thing in writting) and then get a rating.:O

JUZ777
24th Jul 2010, 12:48
If anyone has some up to date info on Falcon .ie minimums, conditions etc that would be much appreciated...... I have around 2400tt Oz ATPL but not type rated..... Cheers

JUZ777
24th Jul 2010, 12:56
Just Got what i needed Cheers.. :ok:

sildim07
6th Aug 2010, 11:31
Hello, did you find big changes? Where did you find the infos? Thanks:ok: