PDA

View Full Version : Kili Air, Moshi, Tanzania

Csanad007
24th Feb 2009, 11:21
Anyone has some info on them?
Gonna write them but my earlier experience tells me they too won't answer. Ran over this company while looking for Tanzania flying pictures.
Based in Moshi Tanzania on the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
They have flights in Tanzania and Kenya. Flying C404, C210.
(Kilimanjaro Air Safari - Air Charter Services, Flying Safaris and Scenic Flights (http://www.kiliair.com))

THX in advance

N-757PJ
24th Feb 2009, 16:14
When did you write them? Got different experience and I have been working for them but not anymore. Now seems to be ok with enough crew.

Csanad007
24th Feb 2009, 16:20
wanted to know what their requirements are,
how's the company in general before mailing.

still have to do my homework to get my CPL, so I'm not leaving this week only sometime second half of 2009

Csanad007
5th Mar 2009, 21:07
wrote them 2 times
found the name of chief pilot on their website, but only info email. sent my questions 2 times (short: what are the requirements and how's hiring nowadays) but nothing...

do you have some previous info? how was it earlier when you were there?

TXaviator
5th Mar 2009, 22:44
i dumped in a resume and email today, coming up to 600TT with 350PIC, so we'll see if thats attractive enough to get a response, i asked the usual questions also, hows business, whats the hiring outlook, etc...

ill post if i hear back from them

Csanad007
6th Mar 2009, 07:57
THX and appreciate that.
The company seems pretty cool (I work as an art director and for me it means a lot how their website is done - Kili's is pretty sympathic).

Cs

TXaviator
6th Mar 2009, 12:34
ps - i read your blog ;-)

Csanad007
6th Mar 2009, 12:58
hey!
u like it? is it of use?

TXaviator
6th Mar 2009, 13:56
yep! reminded me of some places I needed to try emailing again ;) though email just really seems silly in Africa....

Csanad007
6th Mar 2009, 14:23
yepp I wrote to kili for example at least 10 mails (even hunted guys on Facebook) but nothing in reply

sirktian
6th Mar 2009, 15:07
I am in Moshi, right now and will check them out. As for other jobs in Tanzania, I have 1400 hours and have not had any luck......

Csanad007
6th Mar 2009, 15:22
wow, there's no movement?
are there some other companies ?

TXaviator
6th Mar 2009, 16:20
sounds like everyone EVERYWHERE is just hanging on to whatever job they have... no movement, no opportunities. :-(

Csanad007
6th Mar 2009, 16:49
unfortunately this seems to be the most logical thing, if you have the job they let you fly why leave these days?

sirktian
7th Mar 2009, 13:17
I have been in Tanzania for about a month now. Have looked into jobs with Air Excel, Coastal Aviation, Tanganica (sp), Precision Air, Flying Medical Service, etc..... Nobody seems to be hiring. Met someone that was hired by Tanganica (sp) six months or so ago and she is on salary but hardly ever flying. The global economic meltdown does appear to be global. Another interesting note is that from what I have heard over and over again is that most of these companies require a two year contract.

Checked with that company in Moshi today. They have one plane and two pilots and aren't hiring.

LOW BURNER
7th Mar 2009, 14:11
yup went to moshi today and i can confirm there is no work there and just one aircraft. they said maybe in a year. dont think i can wait that long