PDA

View Full Version : Any work for Jr Grade 3?

Boeingdream
24th Feb 2009, 11:02
Hey Guys and Gals

Just completed my grade 3 instructor rating in Dec and been hunting for jobs around Oz ever since. Seems to me nobody is hiring low hour instructors.

Any advice where to look next?
I have tried Gold Coast, Brisbane, Melbourne contacted Sydeny schools by email (run out of money for travels) but still no luck.

Not complaining I know this is a hard industry to crack but no harm in asking right.

Cheers

nomorecatering
24th Feb 2009, 11:14
Look at tha AFAP website, heaps of job ads there.

mattyj
24th Feb 2009, 19:01
Didn't they need instructors desperately up in Darwin a few months back?

KRviator
24th Feb 2009, 21:18
AFAP shows G3 positions available at both Bunbury (WA) and Mangalore (Vic)...

Boeingdream
24th Feb 2009, 23:42
I have applied for both jobs 9 days ago and also sent follow up emails. Nobody replies so not sure what is even going on.

Xcel
24th Feb 2009, 23:46
Have you thought about asking for casual work where you did your rating??

might seem obvious but at least your a known quantity.

Even if it is while your looking for somehting else...

the old "I can find my own students if you want" line works in most cases...

doesnt take long before your manning the phones or something nabs you your stolen student...

cheers

almostthere!
25th Feb 2009, 00:31
Emails, emails??? Whats wrong with using the phone or better yet going over and seeing them in person? It worked for me, emails never worked.

james1984
25th Feb 2009, 07:25
Boeingdream, mate i know where you are coming from i had exactly the same trouble when i started out as an instructor. At times it can feel as though you are never going to get a job but just keep persisting as good thing always come to people who persist. If you are having trouble getting work as a instructor try charter and then you can always come back that is what i did. By the way emails do work i have got many a job by emailing people so dont stress. and remember if you do go in to a company try and seak to the CFI and dont be shy smile and confidence remember its almost like an interview and for god sake wear something respectable nothing worse than rocking up in jeans and a tee shirt. any way dont give up and dont listen to doomists unfortunatly the is alot out there.

Rate1
25th Feb 2009, 10:34
Boeingdream, believe me the best way is to visit the CFI personally or get on the phone. I am one the people you may call and an email is great for sending a resume after the initial contact has been made. The main problem you have is that with many GA companies puting pilots off many are returning to instructing. These instructors usually come with a lot of experience and are multi skilled. Employers will normally take these people first. Don't ever feel defeated though. Aviation is a right place,right time affair so keep fishing for the right place and hopefully the right time will coincide. Don't be put off if there is no flying available,offer to teach ground school. I did this initially and ended up with seven students who wanted to fly with me.

Good Luck!

Boeingdream
25th Feb 2009, 10:42
Hey james and rate1

Thanks for the confident words it was needed.
I will keep plugging away with the emails, phone calls and cold callings (visits) and I know something will eventually turn for me.

Cheers everyone. :ok:

Di_Vosh
25th Feb 2009, 10:53
Are China Southern still hiring?

Give them a call?

DIVOSH!

TurboOtter
25th Feb 2009, 10:57
try this site. might be of help

Bus Driving Clinic (Maximum bus size 22 seater) (http://www.murcotts.com.au/murcotts/home/drivingcourses/otherprograms/busdrivingclinic.sok)

:)

Boeingdream
25th Feb 2009, 11:14
LOL. I will call them tomorrow :ok: