PDA

View Full Version : EK housing mess eventually sorted

saywhat
24th Feb 2009, 06:50
not!!!!!!!

skyvan
24th Feb 2009, 07:31
I'm sorry, what is the point of this post?

The problem is being slowly sorted out. There has been a trickle of allocations recently, and some families have been able to find villas within the rental scheme, some villas have been sourced by EK, and have been allocated, and there is currently 24 villas about to be allocated to the larger families.

EK has committed to over 200 villas, even though there will be only about 100 pilots left in temporary accommodation within about a month, and no real recruitment for the foreseeable future.

It may not be going as fast as we would all like (I have been in temp housing for over 10 months already) but it is being worked on.

Find your own villa, theres plenty out there within the budget now.

fatbus
24th Feb 2009, 07:46
Why should a a junior guy with 3/4 kids get a villa before a guy with 2 kids? I think there may be some back room deals. Ask to see the list and see who has got a villa assigned in Jumeirah lately. This might be enough to send some over the edge. Good luck to those involved

GBB
24th Feb 2009, 07:56
Nice one! :ok:
Borat style, hehe :}

casio man
24th Feb 2009, 08:45
Quote"EK has committed to over 200 villas, even though there will be only about 100 pilots left in temporary accommodation "

So where are these 200 villas? The last time I heard anything, they would not commit on anything.

skyvan
24th Feb 2009, 09:26
Blimey guys, don't any of you read the Accommodation update on the FOIP, or whatever it is called?

200 villas, half behind AR, half near Mirdiff.

Getting your own villa....check out the scheme for new-joiners only, where the company will rent a suitable villa for you (i.e. you find the villa, they rent it, you stay in the company housing system).

People with 3 or more kids getting villas before those with 1 or 2? Difficult one, how would you recommend that it be dealt with? Before you answer that one, look at it from the viewpoint of having 3 kids and living in a 2 bed apartment. I don't know what the right answer is, maybe the company is trying to be more humane, you know, a bit of fuzzy logic rather than the hard nosed seniority only process.

At least there is some movement, a few months ago 57 were moved into the Mirdiff villas, I think that all due for apartments have been moved, there has been some other villas given out, and now another 24. Sure, it's not perfect, nor is it the way it should have been, but at least they haven't given up.

saywhat
24th Feb 2009, 10:35
I'm sorry, what is the point of this post?

Just fishing.......Seems I'm bored.....

skyvan
24th Feb 2009, 12:11
Hook line and sinker!! :\ :\ :\