PDA

View Full Version : PacBlue E190

apacau
23rd Feb 2009, 20:19
As they say, a picture tells 1000 words. Anyone in the know what's planned for this aircraft?

Aero World News Photos (http://www.aeroworldnews.com.br/foto_detalhe.php?codigo=6380)

porch monkey
23rd Feb 2009, 20:26
One would hazard a guess and say it's going to be used to "assist" (read : Takeover) with the international flying being undertaken........ Port Morbid, Honiara, Bali, whatever. I guess if you only have 60 or 70 pax, then a 737 ain't your best bet.......

rup
23rd Feb 2009, 20:39
Dilli,
Bali

littlehurcules
23rd Feb 2009, 21:02
I would be thinking that this aircraft will be going to VB - not pacblue

terronnd
23rd Feb 2009, 21:10
Domestic NZ?

chimbu warrior
23rd Feb 2009, 21:20
I would be thinking that this aircraft will be going to VB - not pacblue

Somehow I doubt that it was painted in these colours by accident............

littlehurcules
23rd Feb 2009, 21:41
Somehow I doubt that it was painted in these colours by accident............
I think it may be along the same lines as the PB aircraft flying for VB - and now the VB crews flying for PB:eek:

It looks as thought the rego is ZPM - so prob going to VB. So maybe the 190 may be doing some international runs in the near future for VB/PB :ooh:

ANstar
23rd Feb 2009, 21:45
Some Hamilton/Dunedin TT services that NZ pulled out of?

wirgin blew
23rd Feb 2009, 21:56
VH-ZPM which is the next one due.
Painted in PacBro colours to keep the options open I would imagine. I wonder if any others will be re-painted to add more E-Jets to the wet lease fleet? Would they make all the above mentioned destinations? Or perhaps they will just do some MEL-NZ flying in one?

VRBNE
23rd Feb 2009, 22:03
Maybe they will be able to pick up a couple of cheap 190s from Skyairworld there sitting around doing nothing and by the way there are a few good Engineers that could come with them Any offers

rup
23rd Feb 2009, 22:48
and good Pilots

i doupt about the two Sky 190s because they are being earmarked for twice daily Darwin-Dilli-Denpasar,

there will be a big passionate drive to develop Timor as a honeymoon resort.

and the other 190 for daily Perth-Cocos-Christmas, on top of the twice weekly for federal government.

Cocos and Christmas are tourist heavens,just need a marketing boost.

reason the GDS agreements.

in fact 170 will be replaced with a band new 190 to do the Brisbane-Noumea run and develop other regionals dest like Bougainville, etc....

as for a/c swaps, it could be the reverse, they may be taking a 700 or two from virgin surplus for the NATO run.

plans are also in the pipeline to aquire an A 340-300 for supplementing the recently announced increase in troops to the middle east.

regional aviation can be like the last man standing, as recently quoted,
but money and growth are in international routes.

cyclone8888
23rd Feb 2009, 23:12
Rup, Are you taking the P!SS??

fritzandsauce
23rd Feb 2009, 23:35
Well DJ seem to be adding more and more direct routes to CBR lately maybe CBR-NZ is next on the cards. Even maybe a NTL-NZ service ... I dunno guess time will tell ...

skyshow
24th Feb 2009, 00:06
Some of Virgin Blue's B737s (with Live2air, Premium Economy etc... unlike Pacific Blue's product) are painted in Pacific Blue colours for advertising within Australia. Perhaps they're doing this as well with one or two of the new E190s?

But New routes (like Canberra to New Zealand) sound interesting, particularly when there's wet leasing with Virgin Blue aircraft and crew thesedays... That way they do not have to train any New Zealand crew on the E190... All part of the redeployment.

Casper
24th Feb 2009, 01:54
VB's international operations are conducted in VH registered a/c owned or leased by VB but painted in PB colours in order to comply with legal issues between Virgin Atlantic and Singapore Airlines. VB crews operate these flights.

snakeslugger
24th Feb 2009, 05:37
Don't you mean PB international operations crewed with some VB pilots flying VH registerd aircraft painted in PB livery?:confused:

Stationair8
24th Feb 2009, 05:44
rup, what sort of drugs to you use or do?

VBA Engineer
24th Feb 2009, 08:52
NO, I think he means VB's international operations.

The ones conducted under their new "Regional AOC".

http://www.casa.gov.au/casadata/aoc/download/BN567591-106.pdf

Dog One
24th Feb 2009, 09:45
Well spoken Rup, read your posts on the other thread. Understand that SAW are getting a third E190 to run 4 flights a day to East Timor, plus additional 4 flights a day to Bali, plus 4 flights a day to Sorong, plus 4 flights a day to anywhere in Indonesia.

One of the wee small problems is crewing, as most of the remaining crews at SAW are networking the industry to see what is available, and when jobs become available, they will be gone!

Would love to know what you are taking, it certainly takes you out of this world!

Casper
24th Feb 2009, 20:22
NO, I think he means VB's international operations.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely correct, VBA Engineer.

wessex19
24th Feb 2009, 23:02
RUPthere will be a big passionate drive to develop Timor as a honeymoon resort.

Your an ideas man RUP!! When a digger finishes his peace keeping tour of timor, he could simply bring his new wife to the honeymoon resort and he would keep his hard lieing allowance from the army. spruce up the RAT PACKS to make the bully beef a little more tastier and everyones a winner. Yep, I think SKY is onto something there!!!:ugh:

rup
25th Feb 2009, 00:44
read my previous posts,

put personal things aside,

get the big picture,

think globally,

and make sure you dont miss out on the next aviation boom,very soon.

kiwi grey
25th Feb 2009, 07:32
Yes please!

You'd think there would be enough of us public servants going between Canberra and Wellington to make a twice or three times a week service viable.
It'd save a whole day on a trip

And maybe enough pollies to put some bums on seats in 'Premium Economy' if they have one :}

mikk_13
26th Feb 2009, 11:59
Maybe getting ready to fill SAW's gap if some thing were to happen?

Frontalobe
26th Feb 2009, 16:40
rup,
do you know what a bad penny is?