PDA

View Full Version : DAE Pilot Graduate Job Opportunity

mach.89
22nd Feb 2009, 06:23
I am planning to join DAE flight academy. I need some advise on the job opportunity available for me when i graduate from the academy in May 2010??

The following is the breakdown on what is to be offered:

*185 Aircraft Hours:
*135 Hours in the Cirrus SR22
*50 Hours in the Eclipse EA500 Jet
*800 Hours Classroom Instruction
*240 Hours Pre and Post Flight Briefings
*66 hours on Flight Training Devices
*135 Training Missions
*40 Hours Full Motion Level D Simulation

Graduates will leave DAE Flight Academy with:
*Frozen ATPL from the United Arab Emirates General Civil Aviation Authority
*Type Rating for the Eclipse 500 Jet

I need some advise on the job opportunity available for me when i graduate from the academy in May 2010?? Also i have been given a scholarship in this academy. Will this scholarship help in securing a job later?

Advance Thanks to all for your valued input...

capt Johnson
9th May 2009, 21:00
HEllo,

It is a great training they are offering, if they really are fulfilling this , then i say pursue it , if you do see all the aircraft's in flight then some success is guaranteed.

But let me tell you that job opportunities are very slim in the world at present due to recession in the world, The middle east is the booming market but they never hire freshies unless and until they same some say in the airlines ,or are the local citizens, or are extremely bright. A bright student is one who can impact knowledge on his fellow mates and have the ability to teach or supervise them , all these qualities are looked at during the interviews which are quite tedious talking from experience. Relating to your scholarship reward it is very good on your resume only a few get it due to their ability and proves that a pilots career is for that person regardless the hard bends we as pilots go through to achieve the reward later.

So bearing in mind jobs are there all over the world but experience is the main factor, i graduated from APTRAC AVIATION FLYING SCHOOL all the way down in SOUTH AFRICA , believe me it was the best any one can offer and guaranteed employment after the instructor rating of a monthly income of approzimately $ 3000 plus building your multi engine hours , i logged on average about 1650 and presently with AIR Seychelles. That is the advantage of south africa, an out standing opportunity like this comes in a life time and today here i am sitting as an FO with an attractive package.

Lead the way! I say and PILOT's are the most respected

Think my friend if you can go ahead with the scholarship talent proves no job is better than this

ct2003
10th May 2009, 11:16
Never heart of a flight school STARTING training :ooh: on a Cirrus widow maker:}!

Nice a/c to fly but not for the initial training. := Simply to complex.

Or am I just old-school from Europe?

LH2
10th May 2009, 13:33
Nice a/c to fly but not for the initial training. Simply to complex.

Or am I just old-school from Europe?

It is not that unusual for people to start their training in complex/tailwheel/ski-equipped aircraft, etc. I personally know one (rich & famous) person who bought his Cirrus 22 first and then did his PPL in it, another who didn't actually land a plane on wheels until 15 or so hours into her PPL, and many others who have started and completed their PPL on tailwheel and complex aircraft. Neither of them had any incidents or special difficulties related to this (although it must be said, the instructors involved were top notch and a half)

tropicalfridge
10th May 2009, 21:44
Well, you'll have a better chance than most if your targeting middle eastern airlines, seems like a good package if you can afford it. Is the Eclipe jet certified yet? I heard the company went bust and the FAA wouldn't complete the paperwork or something? Better check that out.

VT-ASM
17th May 2009, 14:33
Mate,

Could you tell me more about the scholarship ?

Thanks and regards,

ASM

vinoth_r
22nd May 2009, 16:26
:)hi sir,
tis is vinoth from india at present im doing my engineering (i.t) third year i have one more year left to finish my course after that i have planned to do my pilot training in abroad i have a night mare tat i had wasted four years .wat about the job opportunity in this field ????????????

flyingvikings
17th Jun 2009, 17:26
I got an admission from South Africa and it is cheap ($25,000) and also I got an admission from Canada ($32,000). I am a bit confused were to study because of the job opportunity. Are the licenses same or there is a higher priority to the Canadian License towards getting a job? Please advise me