PDA

View Full Version : Visa for Bahrain and Gulf Air question

surfb777
21st Feb 2009, 05:52
In looking up Visa requirements for Bahrain, the only applications that were available were for tourist or business, nothing for airline crews with mulitple entries. My local Visa office said that I could get a two week visa each time I came in for $35 U.S.

Does anybody know how it is working for airline crews? The tourist and business applications always want to know the arrival and departure information, but that will not work for airline crews with multiple entries.

Thanks,

Jim

mtogw
21st Feb 2009, 06:14
If you position in as pax, then pay your first visa fee at the immigration desk,, then the company should get you the open visa and a resident card once in country, thereafter, unless its changed in the last two years, crews just pass through on their airline ID without stamps in passports.

Panama Jack
21st Feb 2009, 07:08
Your question is a bit confusing, since you mention Bahrain and Gulf Air in the same subject title.

1) Are you coming to work for Gulf Air and wondering how your visas will be handled; or

2) Are you working for another company that will be doing night stops in Bahrain and wondering what crew entry requirements are. Also, is this a regular scheduled operator or a corporate charter type of operation?

3) What is your nationality?

ironbutt57
21st Feb 2009, 14:14
US citizens get a tourist visa on arrival...tht quoted amount sounds right...if you are working for GF then you will have a residence/work permit as well as a multi-entry visa stamped in your passport..no stamping required as we enter and exit on a Gen-Dec..the validity of your permits might be checked from time to time as you enter and exit as crew..but no need for stamping or visa issuing everytime you come and go on a flight...only time the passport is stamped is when on personal travel...:ok:

surfb777
21st Feb 2009, 21:48
Panama Jack said:

Your question is a bit confusing, since you mention Bahrain and Gulf Air in the same subject title.

1) Are you coming to work for Gulf Air and wondering how your visas will be handled; or

2) Are you working for another company that will be doing night stops in Bahrain and wondering what crew entry requirements are. Also, is this a regular scheduled operator or a corporate charter type of operation?

3) What is your nationality?

1. Coming to work for Gulf Air on a temporary wet lease from Jet Airways.

2. USA

Thanks.

ironbutt57
21st Feb 2009, 22:02
then it's between you and Jet Airways whatever they sort out with GF...residence or otherwise....

surfb777
21st Feb 2009, 22:14
Thanks to all that replied. It does not seem to be too much of a problem, and we will wait and see what happens when I arrive. There will probably be a rep from Gulf Air to help us through the paperwork.

ironbutt57
21st Feb 2009, 22:29
Inshalla.....

dray1
22nd Feb 2009, 19:41
I am thinking about applying for a first officer position at gulf air. If anybody knows, I would like to know how is the pay and benefits. Thanks to all.

Panama Jack
23rd Feb 2009, 03:19
There has been plenty written on this theme during the last few months, dray1. How about doing a bit of research with the help of PPRuNe's easy to use and handy "Search" function. ;)

Challenger05
22nd Oct 2009, 05:50
What if one is working for another company that will be doing night stops in Bahrain what are the crew entry requirements? Its a stopover on a ferry flight from SE Asia to US.

Nationality of crew is 1 American and 1 Indian.

jetjockey737
23rd Oct 2009, 12:42
dray1

No First Officer positions at Gulf air for the forseeable future!!!!