PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Questions

jasond4
18th Feb 2009, 12:48
Can anybody inform me what the legroom is like onboard thomas cook's 767-300 is like as i am travelling to egypt in april.thanks Jason

Kestrel_Stu
18th Feb 2009, 15:50
Can anybody inform me what the legroom is like onboard thomas cook's 767-300

The 767-300 is in Y326 config (i.e. full economy charter) so basic shorthaul legroom I'm afraid - no better than 28-30".

See the seat map: here (http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/Boeing_A767.asp). Might be worth booking extra legroom seats if you are tall.

Tigger4Me
18th Feb 2009, 17:59
I'll second Kestrel_Stu's advice re extra legrom. Seat pitch (or lack of it) was the most common complaint on the Sharm service when I worked there.

big.al
19th Feb 2009, 12:44
What is the seat pitch on the TCX A330s? And which 330s are based at MAN? Travelling MAN-CUN on 5th May, reverse route 19th May...:)

beardy
19th Feb 2009, 13:53
Google is your friend:

Applies to all TCX A330s, basing of aircraft is a moveable feast depending on the requirements of the day.

News: Thomas Cook set to increase seat pitch (http://news.flightmapping.com/07/11/02/thomas-cook-set-to-increase-seat-pitch_1558.html)

Answer: 33"

greatoaks
7th Mar 2009, 13:53
Have spent over an hour being passed from one department to another who all claim that they cannot deal with my call.

I am actually trying to buy something from them in the form of Inflight meals but apparently because it is a flight only booking made on the Thomas Cook website this is very difficult.

Cost of premium rate phone call £5.50 to fail to buy a crappy £6.50 meal. priceless

I have now given up and my question is can anyone advise if I can pay onboard for meals , we are flying Man-Ace on a TCx flight

Are TC struggling with the volume of calls since the merger or is it just crap service
I also notice they have from this week started charging for all checked luggage

Come on Thomas Cook frame yourselves and try to keep some customers

Tigger4Me
7th Mar 2009, 15:07
Firstly, to the best of my knowledge any airline will only load sufficient meals to meet the orders of those booked and paid for. So no, you will not be able to pay for them on board.

Secondly, last year TCX acknowledged that people were having a problem getting through to them by introducing a call back service. They will normally respond within 24 hours and of course, they will now be paying for the call. To access it:

Go to Fly Thomas Cook | Cheap Flights - Offers & Deals Online (http://www.flythomascook.com)
In the bottom right hand corner of the page click on 'Help'
Under 'Pick a topic' click on 'How to contact us'
In the dialogue box on the right click on the words 'Click here' in the second paragraph

This will bring up a screen for you to enter your contact details.

Personally I think that they are doing you a favour. ;) Have you ever had a meal on TCX? Not exactly in my Top 10 of best airline meals. It is only a four 1/2 hour flight after all and I would have a hot meal at the airport and then take a sandwich or other snack on board.

greatoaks
8th Mar 2009, 07:28
cheers Tigger, yes i suppose you are right

The search for flight only deals is definately simpler these days with the usual 5 choices of carrier now thinned down to 2.

hey ho