View Full Version : Staff Travel Concessions in Retirement

Jean-Lill
18th Feb 2009, 19:56
Can anyone tell me what type of concessional staff travel retired airline staff are entitled to as former employees compared with what currently employed staff get please?

BALLSOUT
18th Feb 2009, 22:36
This would generaly depend on the company you were employed by.
If you were with a major carrier for a long time and retired from them I am sure there would be an agreement. Otherwise I would expect you will have to join the ranks of the fare paying pax.

Eagle45
20th Feb 2009, 05:30
After 38 years working for the same airline, I'm retired now and I'm entitled exactly the same I was when in active duty (still have a company badge as "retired")

KitKat747
20th Feb 2009, 10:57
I am not retired yet but when I will be I will have been with the company +40 years if I stay till 65.

My company gives staff travel to retired staff providing they have been employed for a minimum number of years but staff travel in retirment is not exactly the same as it whilst existing staff.

We get staff travel in retirment but are placed beneath all current staff for on-load priority. So if using an ordinary standby ticket someone who has been employed for 6 months with the company would get a seat above say a retired person who had worked for 40 years with the company regardless of what position they held.

It works very well and retired staff usually get seats.