PDA

View Full Version : Late booking surcharge on tickets

curmudgeon
17th Dec 2001, 22:20
I bought a ticket today from BA for a codeshare flight to Switzerland with Crossair, departing Wednesday. As they can't post the ticket to me in time, I had to choose to pay an extra GBP 25 to collect the ticket at the Heathrow. The other option was delivery to my home for GBP 10, which would have meant someone waiting in all morning for the delivery. The home delivery charge I can understand, but GBP 25 to collect at the airport???

I couldn't find out if it was BA or the airport charging this, but surely when passanger numbers are falling such irritating little extras are going to put people off travelling even more?

Cur

The_Banking_Scot
17th Dec 2001, 22:45
Hi,

This is a BA charge I believe as I have seen a list of charges at BA travel shops ( £25 for ticket on departure(TOD). I think BA travel shops also charge £10 to change a ticket ( even if it is fully flexible). I think it has applied for some time before Sept 11th. :(

The Guvnor
17th Dec 2001, 23:24
I find that charge extremely objectionable - especially as invariably you'll have booked direct with BA and will have just saved them the commission they would have paid to the travel agent! :mad: :eek: :mad:

lurkio
20th Dec 2001, 04:21
curmudgeon

They tried to hammer me for the same charge a while ago. It turned out that if I took the E ticket option I could just go straight to check-in with just a bit of ID. And the best bit was, it didn't cost any more.

Best of luck

lurkio

E cam
25th Dec 2001, 17:32
Airtours charge £15 for ticket on departure, £10 for food and since 9/11, £5 for security. I reckon the latter is obscene!