PDA

View Full Version : V Australia 773 VH-VOZ pops in to Auckland

SierraOneFoxtrot
17th Feb 2009, 07:25
Following on from other post about V Australia's dropping in to Aus airports, their new B777, VH-VOZ, was photographed landing at Auckland 16 Feb 09 on RW 05R:

VH-VOZ - V Australia Airlines Boeing 777-300ER Aircraft Photos - Auckland International @ Airplane-Pictures.net (http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image36951.html)

Was then noted departing NZAA from 05R about 21:55 local time on Monday evening 16 Feb 09, taking up a NW heading after take off, presumably returning to Aus.

Were they just popping in to say Gidday to QF and AirNZ, or are they testing NZAA as diversion airport, or planning to fly there and give the other airlines something to consider by way of even more competition :uhoh:

Vorsicht
17th Feb 2009, 08:28
AOC proving flight.

.............Passed

AOC on its way to printers.

Eastwest Loco
17th Feb 2009, 10:42
Good luck to them, however had several problems issuing tickets for 4 premium y passengers today.

Sabre quotes a complete fare SYD VA LAX /- PDX UA X/DEN UA YWG UA X/DEN UA X/LAX SYD at a cheaper rate even removing US and ZP taxes than issuing seperately.

VA and UA are on seperate ticketing systems, one hosted by IATA the other by another mob.

Called VA, nice fluffy staff - noone can tell me if there is any compatibility. Called Sabre and as the Montivideo help desk was closed I wound up somewhere in Europe with the attendand VOIP audio foldback and no answers.

Elected to issue the tickets in absentia of any grownups to ask, and no help site open for us poor idiots who work after hours.

All I want is access to a cue card as I am not a total idiot (close to but not confirmed yet) and this is a completely different system

A fare that will quote is technically guaranteed via Sabre, Galileo and Amadeus so it would be nice if the VA staff in particular would be able to answer questions more difficult than wass thu fare!!

It doesn't bode well for problem solving abilities of staff when it all goes pear shaped when the starboard thronomister throws it in leaving a shipload stranded somewhere.

Do any VA staff actually know what a PIR is or maybe an FIM? No help here- this counts towards graduation!!!

Best all

EWL

KRUSTY 34
17th Feb 2009, 11:16
Christ EWL!

You pay peanuts, you get....

Well you know how it goes. :confused:

K