PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Air Arabia!!

Spoogie
16th Feb 2009, 14:44
Air Arabia recently announced an almost 37% increase in net profits from the previous year...a whopping Dhs510 million. Indications are that the figure will continue to grow this year despite the downward global economic trend. Bonus announcement ...soon... I hope!!!!! Seems like they are doing it right...hoping for the best...Congrats!

Gulfnews: Air Arabia profit soars 36.5% (http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Aviation/10286134.html)

CanadaRocks
16th Feb 2009, 15:09
How many weeks bonus did Air Arabia employee's receive last year. Thanks!

felipe56
16th Feb 2009, 15:46
I was there at the time and it was quoted as 3 months basic; an improvement on the previous year which only 2 months basic. Hellava company to work for!:ok:

brassplate
16th Feb 2009, 16:43
the CEO that GF failed to see.

Fubaliera
16th Feb 2009, 17:46
Ok there making money, but its still all turnarounds, no layovers and no carreer progression, same fleet always.

brassplate
16th Feb 2009, 18:37
still making money during tough times. or would you rather sink and die?

LocStar30R
16th Feb 2009, 18:53
Of course they'll make money - They stopped giving their crew big bottles of water, the pilots paid for their covered parking places, many flights have been cancelled in recent months when load factors are not high enough... and the list goes on...

Leboeuf
16th Feb 2009, 20:11
is that all... many airlines are terminating pilots for low load factors nowadays ...

fractional
17th Feb 2009, 08:36
the CEO that GF failed to see Not really. All CEOs will fail in the way GF is set up and run by the government (aka royal family). If there is now a single governement and they cannot get their act together, it was worse when the 4 share holders were involved.
If the Bahraini government doesn't have the money to spend on new (or newer) equipment, GF will have to go private, make business sense, compete head-to-head with the other smaller carriers and stop dreaming to be big as SQ, EK or EY.

A300Man
17th Feb 2009, 16:41
Air Arabia's new advertising campaign is excellent. Well thought indeed. Especially in today's harsh realities of scarcity of cash.

sheryas777
17th Feb 2009, 18:21
Air Arabia can say whatever they wish. The media is a big supporter to such news, to gain support and receive advertising. You believe what it said is up to you.
Knowing the industry very well, you should understand if major and large companies are complaining of lost because of cost of fuel and other expenses such as handling, landing, and overflying. Do you really believe that such airlines with their low prices of USD 30 and 50 are really making profit? Against fares of USD 300 and above.
The charges and expenses are same, for all, so from where is the profit they are making?
Gulf air problem is not the government of Bahrain, but the board and the top management who are not willing to listen to others even their own employee, thinking that they are the expert, and brought in because no one is in their capability.
The foreign management will never do the job the way it should be, they try their best to prolong and stay as long as possible, in other word they give piece by peice, until they are asked to go.
The best is to have a Bahraini, trainee or experienced next to these foreigners and move with them as their shade, to learn the work and take over from them. Leaving them alone and enjoying relationship with top officials, trvaeling with them to unnecessary meetings and not related to the business is a big mistake.

Spoogie
18th Feb 2009, 04:54
dude...whats up with you? I fly there and all our flights are full..162Y class....We work hard with our company's interest and the interest of the passengers...we have a excellent management team..(they have a few issues) but all in all we are all pulling for the same goal...FLY SAFE ...MAKE PAX HAPPY ....and...MAKE MONEY....and I think we are. Dont be bitter!!

kit330
18th Feb 2009, 05:14
Well said spoogie!! Locstar30r what the h**l are you talking about?? big bottles were removed cos some pilots dont know the right place to put it n damaged the A/C!! Dont need the layovers as long as I get paid well and huge bonuses end of the year!!!
Like spoogie said end of the day we all put in the work to make OUR company grow!!! remember we all have a share in it. atleast here we have some pretty good managers so far...:D

LocStar30R
18th Feb 2009, 05:30
Kit330, if that's the real reason the bigger bottles were taken away, then they should stop the guys having flight bags, just in case. How much $$$ did Air Arabia make off their staff 2 years ago, when more than 80% of the whole company traded in their bonuses (cash), for a stupid deal of free shares that still cannot be cashed in and have fallen in value every since?

ironbutt57
18th Feb 2009, 07:15
"Ok there making money, but its still all turnarounds, no layovers and no carreer progression, same fleet always."

Kinda like Southwest huh??? Take the money and enjoy..overnites and widebodies are all overrated anyway..:ok:

320 star
18th Feb 2009, 08:53
sheryas777

you sound like one of the experts that GF listens to:bored:, unlike GF airarabia is a public listed company and they get audited in details every quarter, and their financial figures are published, so when they announce profit it is real, all from the hard work put by their employee, the profit is so real that they can afford paying the shareholders 10% cash on their shares, so every 1 dirham will make 10 fils, that is real cash :D

jamestaylor
18th Feb 2009, 09:01
What can I say fuel spiking and Mr Ali and the boys and girls kick butt they treat all goo and we (pilots) make fat salry and bonus sorry but go to other parts of asia to see comparison. If I was smart I would have moved but I quess I am not. Cheers and god bless................

kit330
18th Feb 2009, 10:46
that's very true ironbutt!!!:ok: Show me the money.... n oh yah treat me well pretty please...:)

Sal-e
18th Feb 2009, 12:43
We as pilots are after jobs with the best coinage, conditions, career prospects, etc.
But it does seem that the LCC (low cost carrier) model is the one to adopt nowadays. I'll have to agree with Spoogie on this one.....safety....pax happy....make money.:ok:
When those are accomplished well, then lets see what can be done about the pilots wish list, not a moment sooner. And that goes especially for the bosses as they lead by example.

Spoogie
18th Feb 2009, 16:15
I also see in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, that the well timed marketing campaign is off to a steaming start. With the birth of Fly Dubai around the corner, Air Arabia is making firm foundation to stand on when the competition arrives. The radio stations ads are also inline with the thousands of banner type billboards and bus shelters around. You can't help it ....."Accept Change...think low cost"....lol:ok:

Panama Jack
18th Feb 2009, 16:24
Kinda like Southwest huh??? Take the money and enjoy..overnites and widebodies are all overrated anyway..

I would jump in a hearbeat to go to Southwest and live in Arizona. Not sure that Sharjah has the same attraction as far as lifestyle and other factors. Sorry habibi, not quite as enthusiastic, unless your recreational activities are cruising the numerous malls or going to enjoy a shisha at the coffee shop.

W Weasel
4th Mar 2009, 18:30
Hey Billy Bob, Arizona – who are you kidding? You might see Maricopa County in 2025 as a junior F/O (if you were hired today.) Your butt would be in Baltimore, Chicago or the murder capital of the West Coast – Oakland.

And to use your own words, “Not sure that Sharjah has the same attraction as far as lifestyle and other factors,” as Oakland? At least in SHJ you can leave your house without getting mugged on the way to work like in KBWI or KOAK. You don’t need to spend 20 minutes warming up your car after a beautiful Chicago (KMDW) snowstorm.

But “malls and shisha?” You obviously don’t dive off Fujirah with the whale sharks, golf at the many courses, exercise at the tons of clubs, swim at the beaches or hit the many parks (water and other) located just about everywhere. Sun, sand and surf - with some of the best surroundings in the world!

You never saw the Williams sisters kick the Russian’s butts or Roger in the Dubai Tennis Championship? Did you ever see Tiger Woods win the Desert Classic or the richest thoroughbred horse race in the World?

Or what about the concerts? Just about every week someone, that is some one, from somewhere is playing in this country. Saw Kylie Minogue a few months ago – don’t care for her but wife did!

And clubs, clubs, clubs! Everywhere of every calliber. You obviously don't go out much when you're here.

Now for AZ, man I don’t think you have an idea. I went to flight school – Willy (Williams Air Force Base) in the Valley of the Sun, back when it was open and one of the best stateside. While it has changed over those years, I doubt the average age of the citizenry has lowered too much. Probably still hovering around 70+. It has past Miami as Menopause manor - turn down that music you crazy hippie.

Your not from around here are you boy?

Having said that KPHX is a good location state-side; but you would not see it for a very long time. Heard housing is pretty cheap there now too?

Burners & Out

Terd Furguson
4th Mar 2009, 20:58
Thanks for keeping it real, Frank!!! ;)

Any word on when the locked employee shares will be released??

Is Adel still buying them for 1.02??? :rolleyes:

Hope you and yours are doing well.....it's colder here than it was this time last year!!!

Cheers!

B-737
7th Mar 2009, 12:41
Does anyone know exactly when air arabia will launch operations in Morocco? It was said operations will start in late march but there is anything yet even no moroccan web site
Thanks