PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would share this, thanks RAF Lyneham

craig51
16th Feb 2009, 14:28
I thought I would share this with PPRUNE. I have already posted this on 2 other forums when the event took place (last summer), but thought you guys might appreciate it.

I am a civvy, with the closest in action I've seen was being a member of the local ATC.

One of my hobbys, is sitting on a hill side all day in the rain and wind, waiting for metal pointy things to come speeding past.

Last summer, I caught an RAF Lyneaham Herc low level in the Scottish Borders, near Moffat, once in the morning, then the same example in the afternoon.

I duly posted these off to the Station Commander, Michael Neville, in the hope they would reach the aircrew concerned, as a wee momento as it were.

Anyway, got an emal back asking if they could use my picture for their 2008 Christmas card (which was used and I received a copy) and also a day trip to the base, with a flight in a Herc.

So, here are some pics of said trip. A great day was had by myself, and will remember it for a long time.

dowphotography : photos : Invite to RAF Lyneham- powered by SmugMug (http://dowphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6149709_xtFqC#387252766_xGvq9)

ghostrider1
16th Feb 2009, 14:54
Excellent photos - which one was used for the card ?

craig51
16th Feb 2009, 15:00
Dont actully have that online yet, still sitting on the HDD at home.

Will upload when I get home.

Elizabeth Clack
17th Feb 2009, 12:34
Fabulous photos.