PDA

View Full Version : ATSOCAS 12 Mar 09

A good headin
15th Feb 2009, 19:56
As a Mil Controller, can I draw your attention to the forthcoming changes that will have a huge impact on the way you are controlled.

I understand that the RAF can't do much about it for at least 6 months till the dust settles.

http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/359069-forthcoming-atsocas-changes.html

Grabbers
16th Feb 2009, 08:25
A Good Headin

Not true :=. My unit have embarked on a package of work-up training, groundschool, synthetic training and examinations prior to 12 Mar 09. I anticipate a period of unintentional crossover until the new words embed themselves and then we'll be off and running. As always the phraseology police will need to be on hand with some of us (me mainly) but the principles will be adhered to. On the streets we're working hard to make this work.

oldbeefer
16th Feb 2009, 08:31
Number of briefings been held here as well, with all squadron training officers having the briefing CD. No problems envisaged.

Grabbers
16th Feb 2009, 14:37
To my admittedly tiny mind most of the changes will be most noticeable to ATC as opposed to aircrew. There is a little tightening up of the services but the basic principles on the whole remain essentailly unchanged. The use of new phraseology is a bit of a challenge for me though.