PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair- Valencia

ladylily63
15th Feb 2009, 15:03
Could anyone help me please, I was just about to book flights to Valencia with Ryanair, however have just read that they are withdrawing from there! I don't want to book a flight only for it to be cancelled -is it just a rumour or is it true?

Many thanks

TSR2
15th Feb 2009, 15:20
As I understand the situation, Ryanair closed their base at Valencia on 4th November last year but would continue to fly there on a limited basis from other airports.

ladylily63
15th Feb 2009, 15:25
Thank you for your prompt response, I think I will opt for Alicante instead just to be sure.

Seat62K
16th Feb 2009, 07:30
I regularly fly Ryanair to both Valencia and Alicante and would say that if it's Valencia you'd rather travel to, I see no reason not to book a flight to that city. If, on the other hand, your ultimate destination is, for example, Denia or Javea, Alicante might be a viable alternative. Ryanair closed its base at Valencia but still flies there using crews and aircraft based elsewhere. Stansted based aircraft and crews, for example, traditionally operated flights to Valencia and continue to do so. (Flights from Stansted to Alicante, on the other hand, use Spanish based crew and aircraft.)

ladylily63
16th Feb 2009, 15:47
Thank you,

Our ultimate destination is more or less equidistant between the two airports so will take your advice