PDA

View Full Version : Alice Springs

TOPendFLYER
15th Feb 2009, 09:23
Hi I’m curious about the job prospects in, and around Alice Springs? As I’ll be heading that way soon. :}

Lasiorhinus
15th Feb 2009, 09:32
SEEK Job Search - Find jobs using multiple job search options (http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.ascx?DateRange=31&catlocation=1014&stateselected=true&catarea=2752&catarea=2836&catarea=2835&searchfrom=quick)

VH-XXX
15th Feb 2009, 09:54
Nice post Las, answered all the questions in one easy web link :ok:

TOPendFLYER
15th Feb 2009, 10:28
Let me rephrase, Single engine VFR around 500TT

The Green Goblin
16th Feb 2009, 05:40
Its going to be interesting in GA for the next year or so that is for sure!

TOPendFLYER
16th Feb 2009, 06:03
I heard that Alligator has just put on a couple of guys with 1500TT. What chance does a guy with 3-400hrs stand when their resume is in the same pile, or if they both walk in the door at the same time? :ok:

Lasiorhinus
16th Feb 2009, 06:09
I heard to that Alligator has just put on a couple of guys with 1500TT what chance does a guy with 3-400hrs stand when there resume is in the same pile, or if they both walk in the door at the same time?

That's too, with two 'o's, What, with a capital W (and a full stop after 1500TT), and
their, with an 'ir'.

If your resume has as many spelling errors in it as that, believe me you will have much better success finding a job if the company has never seen your resume.:E

TOPendFLYER
16th Feb 2009, 06:25
Thanks for that, I shall send you a copy of my resume to proof read…..:rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
16th Feb 2009, 06:29
I heard that Alligator has just put on a couple of guys with 1500TT. What chance does a guy with 3-400hrs stand when their resume is in the same pile, or if they both walk in the door at the same time?

Very interesting indeed, I know they were hiring a couple this month and up to 6 next month.

Perhaps I should have stopped spruking how good they are to crank out the hours!

Perhaps a nice bottle of wine from the CP and 'ole RK is in order :}

What chance does a guy with 3-400hrs stand when their resume is in the same pile

The same chance you have with 1000 hours looking for a multi engine gig competing with Saab 340 captains in the same pile! :p

Who would have thought 12 months ago hey!

Socket
16th Feb 2009, 21:39
Hmmmm, I thought this was an 'Alice' thread.:hmm:

Its a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from Kunners.:rolleyes:

TOPendFLYER
16th Feb 2009, 21:58
What company's are in Alice Springs?:confused:

gettin' there
16th Feb 2009, 22:06
Anyone care to mention the name of the CP at Alligator?

Pretty please?

The Green Goblin
17th Feb 2009, 11:12
All you have to do gettin' there is to give him a call :D or of course ring Alligator and ask!

YELOSUB
18th Feb 2009, 05:35
Come and work for us. C206 full time $35k, subsidised airconditioned accomo and free internet. U must have ur own car and should be willing to stay in a small town of 800 people. Also start asap.
give me ur email so i can give you our contact details.

DanArcher
18th Feb 2009, 05:58
wooopps..... idiot not thinking......

the wizard of auz
18th Feb 2009, 06:58
Hey yelowsub, you forgot to mention the room for advancement on to turbines. :E

Nose wheel first
18th Feb 2009, 08:24
TOPendFLYER, I don't know where you got your info regarding the two pilots Alligator just hired but it is dead wrong. I guess that's the beauty of Pprune though isn't it..... the rumour bit.

I happen to know for a fact that the pilots hired had hours in the mid two hundreds. Trust me on that one!!!

There are a few guys floating around with between 800 and 1,200 hours at the moment and yes, in some cases their chances of getting a job may be a little better but at the end of the day it's not all about hours. Not every company wants to stack it's ranks with 20 1000 hour pilots because as soon as they get the chance they will all head off to greener pastures. There needs to be a balance so you will find Alligator along with some other companies will continue to hire a mix of lower time pilots and some with a little more time under their belt.

You ask what your chances are compared to someone with higher time.... Your chances are what you make them. Send your CV to the CP, let him/her know when you are in town, make a time to meet them and take it from there. Don't harass them..... if they say "call next Friday" then call next Friday..... not Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. You don't want to get known as an annoying person who can't follow instructions.

When you do get asked in for a meet and greet session, try to be on time and look respectable. The number of pilots who rock up for an interview or a meet and greet looking like they have just escaped from the local Salvation Army clothing bin is amazing. If you want to be taken seriously you need to put some effort into your appearance. Remember, you are interviewing for a position as a professional...... you need to be professional. Shorts, T-shirt, Thongs/Pluggers/Jandals (depending what part of Oz or NZ you are from) no matter how cool they might make you look don't go down well.

Get yourself out there, get your CV out there, get known.

Happy job hunting

NWF