PDA

View Full Version : New Contract

arse
15th Feb 2009, 08:46
Interesting rumour on the flight deck yesterday, and after all ... this is a rumour network!

New contracts in the mailbox on 1 Mar 09, to be signed by 01 Apr 09, .... or bye bye!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Not sure if I was being wound up or not?

Very sketchy on details but ...

After 55, A scale can continue to 65 on B scale. I would assume that this would mean that after the new contracts are signed, the extendees would no longer be the first to be re-trenched, should that be required!
If SOs and FOs wish to continue with bypass, they would need to stay with a retirement age of 55, otherwise to extend to 65, bypass pay would be gone.
Cathay have supposedly already discussed with HK Labour Tribunal and trying to get it through based on "they can't survive with the changes", hence getting around the "can only implement unilateral changes if they are improvements" clause!Interesting times!

Kitsune
15th Feb 2009, 11:21
Further to your rumour, apparently management have hired a new aircrew consultant:Found: Robert Mugabe’s secret bolthole in the Far East - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article5734148.ece)

yokebearer
15th Feb 2009, 12:17
God its depressing to think the best days of my flying career was the time I spent on a 727 years ago - and I did not know it at the time.....all I could think about then was moving 'up' the ladder to the 'major airline'.

Max Reheat
15th Feb 2009, 13:24
Tsimbeit,

My God.....

You make airline flying sound like being on the Buccaneer on the mighty 12!

And anyone who doesn't understand what I'm on about can get some time in and stop whingeing about age 65!

Cheers....

Lowkoon
15th Feb 2009, 13:52
The thread said PILOT not pirate max... aharrrr....:E

Apple Tree Yard
16th Feb 2009, 01:28
Contract is coming. For those of you new to these shores...CX did the same in 99. Wouldn't seem proper without having my job threatened at least once a decade...! :ugh:

CodyBlade
16th Feb 2009, 04:03
Tsimbeit

you forgot Zen music CD,face moisturezier amd sun block -not for beach but for glare!

goingdown
16th Feb 2009, 06:31
Why in the hell would they implement RA65 if they don't need it?
SIA and AF(not to talk about SAS)are offering EARLY retirement to cut down the workforce!!
Did not know CX plans long term:}

Saturn
16th Feb 2009, 07:47
To say Bye Bye to these corrupt and inept crooks.

climbout
16th Feb 2009, 13:26
...to be signed on the "1st of April"?... :)

Baywatcher
17th Feb 2009, 01:25
After midday!

boxjockey
17th Feb 2009, 01:27
Bravo, climbout!! I think you are the first to grasp the punchline!! :ok:

box

Hoofharted
17th Feb 2009, 02:24
The Good Ole Days............LOVED it just LOVED it. Death to all those politically correct tree hugging hippy gender-confused manbag toting pansy cretins!!!!!! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

AD POSSE AD ESSE
17th Feb 2009, 04:24
Many a true word was said in jest!!!:cool:

buggaluggs
17th Feb 2009, 06:41
Agreed! Be very careful what you joke about! Lest this thread become very funny indeed.. :suspect: only not for us.