PDA

View Full Version : East/West Runway Open at Barwon Heads

themit
15th Feb 2009, 00:33
Flew some circuits in C172 VH-LVI on 08 today in a 17kt ESE wind. Runway opened yesteday.

Mick.B
15th Feb 2009, 06:20
I was getting use to that van driving past. :sad:

j3pipercub
15th Feb 2009, 11:23
please god make it stop

the wizard of auz
15th Feb 2009, 11:27
please god make it stop
bwaahahahaha.... :ok::E:} thats gold. :ok:

the fat lady
16th Feb 2009, 09:34
The East/West runway at YBRS is open only because a consortium of 20 pilots have purchased the McSkydive property to save the airport from becoming solely a skydive centre.:D

Now before you go looking for the pot of gold with this purchase there isn’t one.:ooh:

The land cannot be subdivided as it is zoned rural under the State Government planning scheme and the farming return on 120 Acres would be two tenths of SFA.

These guys should be applauded not ridiculed for this action, as without this gutsy effort the airfield would have been lost for all time.:D

tfl:ok:

pol
16th Feb 2009, 10:01
The airport has a bright new future now Luke McWilliam Alias ACCC has departed the scene.:D:D:D

YIPPEE:O

pol:ok:

the wizard of auz
16th Feb 2009, 11:10
These guys should be applauded not ridiculed for this action, as without this gutsy effort the airfield would have been lost for all time.

Without getting into all the other hoopla, Good work those people. :ok:
great to see a sacrifice made without a pot of gold at the end of it. very sincere and great effort to see a rural airfield being saved.

j3pipercub
16th Feb 2009, 11:17
I agree with wiz now is it possible for you to stop wasting bandwidth the the incessant Barwon Heads threads? The occasional one is fine, but almost every week??????????

j3

Rotor n Wings
16th Feb 2009, 19:46
J3

I think I have said it before "YOU do not have to stop on this site" you may go in peace and annoy someone else it is not mandatory for your presence to stop on this thread. And appealing to your lord is in vain, if people would like to post the great outcome let em have a go without your stirring comments. Well done guy's in saving,and had a look at the strip it looks very nice.

Howard Hughes
16th Feb 2009, 21:10
The land cannot be subdivided as it is zoned rural under the State Government planning scheme and the farming return on 120 Acres would be two tenths of SFA.
Any land can be re-zoned you know!:rolleyes:

While I applaud the gentlemen for taking a stand, don't think for one minute that at some stage there won't be a huge pay off!;)