PDA

View Full Version : Convert B737 Copilot endo to Command

InSoMnIaC
13th Feb 2009, 22:28
Whats would be the procedure for converting a CASA issued B737 Copilot endorsement on oz licence to a command endorsement? and also costs involved?

c100driver
14th Feb 2009, 04:47
Air NZ cannot do it as there is no such thing as a "command endorsment" in New Zealand CAA rules (for that matter I dont know any other country that has a "command type rating" rule except Aussie)

InSoMnIaC
14th Feb 2009, 10:38
i can assure you that there is such thing as a command endorsement in many parts of the world. ie p1 type rating and p2 type rating.

actually it is a full type rating with a "COPI" restriction.

my question is in australia what do i need to do to lift that COPI restriction?

apart from redoing the whole type rating course again

Eight Ball
14th Feb 2009, 11:17
Hi Insomniac,

I'm familiar with the term. All you need is sim training for the left seat not unless it was already a part of your initial training before. In the A320 it is 30left / 30 right for PIC and CP rating. So, you will probably be looking at around 15-30 hrs in the sim for the left seat and maybe a pre-determined ICUS time as a training captain in the left seat in actual flight with a company designated TRI.

In regards to license, I don't think license is an issue with CASA if you have at least a PPL. I've seen PPL holders in the U.S. with a B737 rating in their licenses. However, it will be a company requirement for you to have an ATPL before you get left seat if you are in an airline or corporate flying to state the obvious.

cheers :8

InSoMnIaC
14th Feb 2009, 23:13
thanks 8 ball.
that's the info i was after..

regards,

insom

Hey Driver
15th Feb 2009, 00:06
Ansett Aviation Training in MEL should have all the details for a conversion to Command.