PDA

View Full Version : Old magazines

AJMortimer
13th Feb 2009, 14:39
The time has come, the walrus said, to speak of many things... one of which, unfortunately is the disposal my collection of magazines!

I am moving house and have decided to get rid of my magazines which include various aviation-related and modelling titles dating back to the 1940s.

These have not been catalogued, but include Pilot (mainly 1980s), Flyer (mainly 1980s), Flight International (odd special edition from the 1950s), Aeromodeller (from to 1940s to 1970s), RCM&E (1970s), together with sundry other titles dating (mainly) from the 1960s to 1980s. Most are in good condition, as they have been stored flat in a dry environment.

The one title I know I have, but needs locating, is a Profile publication (Sopwith Pup, I think) which my father had signed by Herbert Smith, the former Chief Designer at Sopwith Aviation.

If anyone is interested, I would be willing to provide further details?

AJ

mr fish
14th Feb 2009, 13:45
that reminds me, the wife said something about her clearing the loft last week.
i think i'll get in first and relocate my "extensive" collection
of "art pamphlets"!!!!

JEM60
14th Feb 2009, 15:04
Don't forget the videos that your next door neighbour lent you for 'safe keeping', if you can remember where you hid them!!

windriver
14th Feb 2009, 17:57
If anyone is interested, I would be willing to provide further details?

I am very interested in anything pre 1970 for my collection. Please would you PM me with contact details.