PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe TV...

Self Loading Freight
15th Dec 2000, 05:43
It's a bit iffy, but I popped into the Beeb yesterday evening to do a pre-record for the business breakfast show on BBC1, to be shown at around 0610-0620 GMT later this morning. I wore my PPRuNe badge with pride... so with a bit of luck (assuming I don't get spiked, and that the cameraman didn't cut off everything below the neck) there'll be a small sparkling patch on the nation's TV sets in the shape of Danny's winged lozenge.

Can global domination be far away? (Yes. Ed.)

The piece was about the AOL-Time Warner merger -- nothing to do with aviation, which is just as well. I may get away with it this way.

R

flapsforty
15th Dec 2000, 14:46
Nice 1 R!
Did it show?
:)

Self Loading Freight
15th Dec 2000, 17:42
I was asleep when they transmitted it, but I'm assured by SLF Snr that yes, it did. "What was that silver thing?" he said. "It looked like it had wings..."

R

FE Hoppy
15th Dec 2000, 19:46
Nice one SLF,
After all the slagging matches and bad feeling I´ve been reading over the last 6-8 months it´s nice to see that pprune is still on track. TV stardom, the gatbash(looked great wish I could have been there) and the wannabe fund.These are what pprune has been about for the 2 or 3 years I´ve been reading.
BRAVO

PS where can I buy a badge?

[This message has been edited by FE Hoppy (edited 15 December 2000).]

flapsforty
17th Dec 2000, 03:24
FE Hoppy,
Check out the Bash Forum. IFR has a thread on them there.
Apparently new ones are on order as The Capt wasn't pleased with the first run.