PDA

View Full Version : Fly Dubai Will Soon Be In The Air

.air
12th Feb 2009, 16:08
Fly Dubai will start flying to diff destinations in india.Just saw the news on city 7 tv channel.I wanna fly for this airline.How can i apply?Need some information.

fabbe92
12th Feb 2009, 16:11
Go to their website maybe? Or visit www.pilotjobsnetwork.com (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com).

I would love to fly for them when I have completed my atpl training but they hire experienced fo:s only:ugh:

Cheers:ok:

student88
12th Feb 2009, 16:33
You could try getting thousands of hours and getting in the queue behind the guys who've been made redundant/are being done as we speak. I doubt flydubai are going to find it hard to source quality pilots with plenty of experience I'm afraid.

Please excuse my frank reply but it probably couldn't be a worse time for wannabes.

S88 (starting a business, one way tickets to Beachey Head)

.air
12th Feb 2009, 16:58
They have ordered 54 jets ...How many first officers will be required on those 54 jets atleast 300?Will they find 300 type rated expereinced pilot's..
If every airline will hire experienced pilots,how people without expereince will get experience?
I hope they hire atleast 5% female pilots and prove them selves as equal oppurtunity employers :sad::(

student88
12th Feb 2009, 17:09
Surely making sure that a certain percent are female is discrimination to the male applicants? If you're good pilot and you've got what they're looking for you'll get the job - male or female. It wouldn't be fair that some jobs are given away to women just because of that!

(not anti-female pilots, before it's said)

fabbe92
12th Feb 2009, 17:10
Here are the requirements for First Officers,

A minimum of 2,500 hours total flying time A minimum of 500 hours in command of a multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft (jet or turboprop) in excess of 10 tonnes ICAO ATPL 1st Class Medical English language fluency ICAO level 4 or above Type rating would be advantageous

To send in an application,

[email protected]

one-to-go
12th Feb 2009, 17:18
Any idea if they will look at guys with less that 2500 but more than 1000 on type?? cheers

.air
12th Feb 2009, 17:43
Student88 i fully agree with you...You are absolutely right.

Captain Asad
12th Feb 2009, 18:00
Website says next round of recruitment will be sometime early 2009.

.air
13th Feb 2009, 16:19
yes they will CApt.Asad

plumponpies
13th Feb 2009, 16:54
Over 2000hrs TT and 1500 on type and still got a big :mad: off. Due to not meeting their minimum requirements.
Hope that answers your question.

stue
13th Feb 2009, 17:21
Guys, plumponpies has got it right. A lot of our Captains went there when our company went boobs up last September. They won’t even look at an F/O with out meeting their requirements, I speak from experience.

Good luck though!

abhi88
13th Feb 2009, 17:37
What I heard was, initially captains will have to fly on both the left and right seat until the airline becomes fully operational. That probably explains why FO's are not being looked at for now...:8

.air
14th Feb 2009, 10:14
I heard the same news that capt's fwill fly from left and right seats.Well i know they won't hire any body without experience but if all 54 aircrafts come at once may be they want pilots without experience.lols:O

Captain Asad
14th Feb 2009, 11:12
No harm in being optimistic.

Lets just hope they take on people with 260 hour frozen ATPL's

C Asad

ford cortina
14th Feb 2009, 14:28
Dream on, which part of 2500 hours do you not get!!!!!! It is an employers market and will be for several years to come.

cortilla
14th Feb 2009, 15:19
It's true about their captains bit. No F/O's to be hired for the company for the forseeable future. Captains only in both left and right hand seats.

Turkish777
14th Feb 2009, 19:30
Now now Ford Cortina..no need to be like that...:=

Regarding the deliveries, unfortunatley I think it may take longer than they anticipated with the people being laid off at Boeing..I heard it takes a month to build one from scratch, not sure how true that is and not sure how many at a time they can do...But if they are 10,000 people light it could take longer...:ugh:

Marbella Girl
17th Feb 2009, 19:43
They are starting with 2 aircraft with the others you mentioned on order to come later in the year/next year, however a piece in the Business section of Gulf News yesterday says FlyDubai start is delayed, they wont start operating now until mid 2009 due to delay in arrival of first order as Boeing staff have been on strike. I have second interview this week for Flight Attendant, and they are only at this stage recruiting crew for the first two aircraft.

-8AS
18th Feb 2009, 14:56
Turkish, it takes Boeing 13 days to build a 737! The 10,000 layoffs will not affect the 737 lines - they are fully booked up!

dustyprops
22nd Feb 2009, 03:37
What Marbella girl says goes along with one of the recruitment guys said that I was talking to yesterday. From what he says, FlyDubai's aircraft are due to arrive over a fairly lengthy period of time and that the 2500 hours is set in stone, and is the minimum. Don't put your eggs in this basket.

captzaahlie
23rd Feb 2009, 13:51
FYI~They are interviewing FO's @ Fly Dubai.
(separately from Capt. interviewing........)
I have a friend that interviewed last month.
I hope to get as lucky in the next few months.....
They are not doing large interview groups as of yet.