PDA

View Full Version : Has your airline purchased Airbus's lately? read!

Roc
25th Nov 2001, 08:57
This is not intended to start a Boeing/Airbus controversy. Having said that, Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that alot of airlines who have recently changed their fleets to primarily Airbus jets seem to be fairing the worst in these tough times? Examples, Swissair flew Douglas's forever, as soon as they went to Airbus, the bottom falls out, ditto for Sabena, Alitalia, Aer Lingus just started a fleet renewal with the A-320's and 330's. Stateside, USAirways buys a boatload of Airbus's and they are teetering on the brink of Chapter 11, ditto with United(I know they have alot of Boeings as well)The only other major US airline operating Airbus's is Northwest, but they seem to be OK. Cathay Pacifac comes to mind, in Asia, as well as Sri-Lanka. BA buys their first batch last year and whammo!! I wonder if there is a curse involved here, or is their perhaps another more rational reason. I'm nervous because my airline bought some this year...seriously, there seems to be too many coincidences.

wooof
25th Nov 2001, 09:03
Yawn, here we go again! :rolleyes:

therosterman
25th Nov 2001, 09:34
You, my friend are an idiot and should not have priveleges to write on this web. Donīt reply just take your medicine and stop using the internet.

recceguy
25th Nov 2001, 13:16
So many companies have bought Airbuses - so many companies are in trouble - pure mathematics

So many companies are in trouble, all of them carrying passengers... just stop carrying passengers !

tilii
25th Nov 2001, 13:33
While we may not agree with what Roc says here, I think we have to recognise his/her right to express an opinion ... no matter how bizarre. Ease up guys and gals. :D

BTW, Roc, I don't like Airbuses either, never have. But to say they cause airline failure is perhaps a little over the top, don't you think? :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ 25 November 2001: Message edited by: tilii ]

stator vane
25th Nov 2001, 13:44
i understand your statements;

but the same logic could point at me as the possible cause for a few airlines demise.

perhaps not the forum to write such a thing without expecting some inbound shells.

any airline with airplanes would qualify.

but i understand Jetblue is doing well inspite of the fact they use only airbus.
:cool:

Roc
25th Nov 2001, 15:55
Guys,

I'm sorry, I haven't expressed myself clearly enough, I don't think there is a real economic reason to link up Airbus operators and financial hardships, and I think Airbus makes a fine aircraft, Its just kind of "spooky" if you look at it. I don't know when I first noticed the connection, but take a look yourselves and tell me it isn't a little weird. Not expecting alot of serious rational explanations, just kind of throwing this out there to Pprune-land. You guys really are a tough bunch!!! by the way over-night others came to me, Roots Air and Air Canada..its just a little eeire. Heres one seemingly doing great here in the States, Jet-Blue...so its not all doom.

Capn Lucky
25th Nov 2001, 19:18
The reason probably lies somewhere else, not in the aircraft. Airbus Industrie is basically a government support enterprise. They have a reputation of selling to anyone without maintaining high credit standards for their customers. In short, if Boeing won't sell because of you finances, try Airbus.

Steve
ex-finance guy

fantom
25th Nov 2001, 19:59
I have not heard such rubbish since the ITV
coverage of the last NY accident. maybe you
should get a job with ITV.

bush
25th Nov 2001, 20:44
Has anyone noticed that ALL the aircraft used in the September 11th terrorist attacks were boeing. Spooky!!