PDA

View Full Version : Ron (Rocket) Cox

peter knapp
2nd Oct 2001, 14:19
It is with great sadness I have to report that Ron Cox passed away peacefully on September 27, after a long illness. Formally of Hamble, Lydd, SECOAT, WMU and SFT. Ron will be remembered by hundreds of ex students who have slaved over his Flight Plans to 3 decimal points and by his colleagues who had the great pleasure of working with him.

5 Alive
3rd Oct 2001, 05:00
I offer my sincere condolences.
Thought me all I know in Navigation.
Hello to all ex SECOAT instructors and sudents, hope you are all well.

Groover
3rd Oct 2001, 14:13
What a man Ron was !!
Taught me hell of a lot and a also a very interesting man and an absolute Gent !!
With deepest Sympathy .
R.I.P Rocket

Simon Ovens
6th Oct 2001, 23:34
Hello, I am Ron's son in law. On behalf of Brenda, his wife and Ron's Children we are moved to see this message on this site. Ron was a great man and will be sadly missed. We would love to hear from any one else who knew Ron and would like to see your memories on this site. Ron's funeral will be at 3pm On Wednesday 10th October 2001 at St.Mary's Church, Battle, East Sussex. Anyone who knew who is welcome to attend.

Capt Pit Bull
7th Oct 2001, 03:28
I had the good fortune to work with Ron for a number of years. Although many people will have known him as a Navigation and Flight Planning instructor, his knowledge of most aviation subjects was extensive and he was always able to chip in a word of wisdom to less experienced instructors in all areas.

And to echo Groover, a real Gentleman.

Favourite memory: Dinners at the Selmun Palace Hotel, discussing the nature of life and the antics of the German holidaymakers, mid contract on Malta.

So long Ron.

CPB

AMEX
7th Oct 2001, 16:58
Farewell Rocket Ron