PDA

View Full Version : Book With TCX Or Jet 2?

BYALPHAINDIA
12th Feb 2009, 00:18
Just seen 2 holidays of a similar price, Same Destination one flight from LBIA the other from MAN.

But I am struggling to decide between TCX & Jet 2.

I don't have a dislike with Jet 2, I dislike some of their Cabin Crew on their aircraft, Because they have been ' Immature and Half interested in the job' on previous flights I have taken.

The LBIA flight is with JET 2 - Easier for us living 8 miles away.

The MAN flight is with TCX - A trip to MAN of 45 mins + the other messing around in the carparking!

Obviously I want to fly from my 'Local LBIA airport, But I feel that the Check- In and Inflight service is more professional with TCX.

Obviously TCX have being around longer than Jet 2 and some of the staff are more experienced.

The last Jet 2 flight I was on (757), The Cabin crew were 'Playing' hide & seek or something in the rear galley, Which was merely laughable for about 5 minutes then they got too carried away being silly!!

Later on in the Inflight service some of the more experienced crew were being 'Sarcastic' talking & laughing about the poor young lad who was trying his best to make a good impression in his first week on the job.

The problem was they were doing all this in full view of their audience - pax!! Which is not 'Good'

I am not in the 'Best of moods' when I am coming home from a 'Nice' holiday, So I didn't need silly young dizzy cabin crew trying to show - off, Look nice & be funny!!

I got the impression that they might have been just at Jet 2 for the 6 month 'season' so they probably didn't give a **** about what they did??

I don't think I can put up with all that 'Performing' again!!

On the other flights the Jet 2 crews were always very mature & friendly (737)

I think PM & Jet 2 are doing a 'Brilliant' job at LBIA, But something is lacking - The Customer service - The attention to detail is just not always there, As opose to MON TOM & maybe TCX.

Jet 2 cheap & cheerful - You get what you pay for I guess??

I would say in similarity to Dan Air in some ways.

Who should I book with??

Rainboe
12th Feb 2009, 09:13
I need a holiday after reading all that! Leeds, Manchester....who gives a damn? Just go on holiday and enjoy it and don't worry about the flight. It's the holiday that counts!

shgsaint
12th Feb 2009, 09:18
Who should I book with?? Only you can ultimately decide that but I would go with Jet2 again for convenience. The chances that you get the same crew on board are not huge so you might get some more professional individuals this time. However it might be part of the CC culture to act this way so there's no reason why different crew would act any more maturely. On the other hand they may have been taken to one side and told to grow up. I've never flown with them or know any so can't comment.

That said there might be just as much chance that the crew you'd get on the TCX wouldn't be any better. Again just because they have been better in the past does not mean you will get a mature crew this time. Wouldn't you be pi$$ed if you drove all that way just to see the crew you originally had at Jet2, move to TCX? :E

But if they're work ethic and culture is more professional then is it worth it? The trip to MAN maybe less inconvenient but that's the price you pay for better service. Again you may well get a better bunch of gals with Jet2 this time round. Sadly unless you know them you'll never know.

I'm a cheap bastard so I would side with the Jet2 option. You can always plug yourself into your iPod and stare out of the window for two hours. Or sit next to the rather large, portly, unhygienic woman with gold dripping off her. Then you have yourself a whole new other distraction! ;) (queue the 'my wife wouldn't appreciate me describing her like that' response).

I want all my hosties looking good and being funny. They're the ones that always seem far more up for it! :}

Happly landings,

SHG.

ls_jet2
12th Feb 2009, 20:13
You might even find that Jet2 are operating your flight from MAN when you pitch up, we did loads of TCX flights this last year, and probably will again this year too.

Go from LBA, and if you get a "silly" crew then you should make your views known in writing, believe me they won't do it again because they will be reprimanded. As you said, other flights with us have been fine, and you mention they were on the 737, well there's no diff in the crew, they fly both fleets.

Enjoy your holiday, whatever you do, but for me it's a no-brainer, fly local.

draughtsman99
12th Feb 2009, 21:40
I need a holiday after reading all that! Leeds, Manchester....who gives a damn?The original poster obviously.

Go local, you can ignore 'up their own bum' aircrew whether very experienced and toxic or young and inexperienced for the short flight involved but can you be bothered with the longer drive home?

Chidken Sangwich
12th Feb 2009, 22:22
If it was me, TCX.

TCX = A charter flight which means you HAVE to be carried at some point due to EU boarding regs.

Jet2 = I would guess is a schedule, so they can cancel the flight at any point, give you a full refund and let you fend for yourself if they choose. (I am not saying they'd do this, but its worth thinking about).

pwalhx
13th Feb 2009, 07:18
After my own recent experiences with Jet2 my choice would be TCX.

frnikolai
13th Feb 2009, 16:33
I have never flown with either of those carriers, but TCX would be my choice.

The immature and poor behaviour - would put me right off; what would happen in an emergency?

I think if I ever fly from the North - it won't be with Jet2.

Nikolai

PleasureFlyer
13th Feb 2009, 17:16
My last 6 return trips GVA-LBA in the last 6 weeks with jet2 (and 10 or so other jet2 flights in the last 18 months) have all been fine. Good crew, none of them immature even though some have been quite young. I think you were just unlucky with your experience.

Not used TCX for years, so cant really comment.

FRNikolai - To ballance things up, I have taken only 2 Ryanair flights and both were equally the worst experience I have ever had flying, so have not and will not ever use them again - they had their chance. But at least I tried them and can compare them to others.

frnikolai
13th Feb 2009, 19:15
I guess we all just have some bad experiences!

Nikolai.

P.S

Not naming any airlines - but some are far worse than others, and these are the full-service carriers!

greatoaks
14th Feb 2009, 19:47
Cabin Crew with a sense of humour are much preferable to a lot of the miserable and arrogant crew i have flown with
air france - iberia to name a couple