PDA

View Full Version : Any 206 operators around

kevinsky18
11th Feb 2009, 22:55
All the posts here seem to refer to turbine and jet operations. Are there any smaller operators in the region running 206, 207 or other small piston planes?

Capt Krunch
12th Feb 2009, 03:33
kevinsky18

the smallest light twin flying around here is a A319.

think about it young man, would you really want to be in a S/E airplane out here in the summer when OAT easily reaches 50+ degrees for weeks at a time. (they do not run when it's that hot out, you would be blowing cylinder jugs every flight)
think about what your thinking about.

having said that, check Africa. Missions, food aid, W.H.O. and people like that use those types of aircraft all the time. need some good expereince though.

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch.

S.F.L.Y
12th Feb 2009, 05:10
I had a contact a year ago who offered a C206 position in Qatar (N registered) but I can't find it anymore... On the contrary of what Capt. Krunch is saying I'm sure the 206 would be less affected by the heat than the light jets selected by some smart operators in the region. Not so many jets have flat ratings above 25-40 Celsius... I'd personaly feel more secure in a single engine 206 in summer than in a Beech Premier or an Eclipse with an Engine Out...