PDA

View Full Version : EK Letdown

ramble on
11th Feb 2009, 03:46
Hey everyone,

What is the general feeling about this in Emirates;

I was lucky enough to fly to Dubai-Brisbane on Emirates EK 434 yesterday.

The biggest let down of the whole flight for me was after the flight - seeing the flight deck crew with heads up there a.....es walking off through the rapid Customs and Baggage Security lines and leaving the cabin crew lined up at the end of cues of 200+ hot, tired and flustered passengers.

Why don't the cabin crew qualify for the crew/rapid lanes as well?

For mine, they - their attitude and helpfulness - make Emirates one of the best airlines out there - it is one of my favourites. And it really sucked, seeing them still able to keep smiling despite the tech crew doing a "brave Sir Robin" - or was it just this particular lot?

Any ideas?

RO

Kennytheking
11th Feb 2009, 03:52
I would hesitate to reply that you do not have all the information, so perhaps you should get your head out of your a.....

Wiley
11th Feb 2009, 04:03
I'd be guessing the two lucky pilots were (unusually) among "the blessed" that morning and were given the nod by the local AQIS to take the rapid lane. Look elsewhere here for the thread where this very point (Brisbane Customs and the lack of a crew lane) is discussed at some length and with some passion.

Fellowship of the drink
11th Feb 2009, 04:07
Whoever gets waved through the fast track line is not up to the flight crew. The decision is solely on the customs officer on duty. The flight crew were lucky, not arrogant.

Please stop bashing the pilots. Everyone is tired after that flight, it is not the pilots fault that the cabin crew did not get expedited.

I have been in the line with the rest of the cabin crew and customers many times in BNE. I do not agree with the policy as the majority of airports in the world have crew channels. However, the crew looking after the likes of you have worked through the night (on certain BNE flights) and the last thing we need is to stand in line wasting our already measely rest time before having to move on less than 24 hours later. If we get waved though, we are not going to turn it down just so some frustrated pax can dump their emotional baggae on us.

I apologise for sounding rude to your post but I am merely returning the same courtesy you displayed to the pilots.

White Knight
11th Feb 2009, 05:06
Ramble On - you're way out of line here.. I went through BNE recently, and I (flight crew) had to wait in the hot sweaty queue whilst most of the cabin crew whizzed through the quick exit........ Get your facts right before you post:ugh:

EGGW
11th Feb 2009, 05:09
Points made. Thread closed.

EGGW