PDA

View Full Version : Angola

Caveman44
10th Feb 2009, 21:28
A little help please. What's it like flying in Angola. Bases, accomidations. Food. Sanitation. Security, Weather. Licensing requirements. Etc? Any comments Thanks for the help stay safe.

elzimex
12th Feb 2009, 04:03
Having worked there for several years before an age related retirement, I can say that Zimex Aviation of Zurich, Switzerland, stands out as the best company to work for from any point of view. They supply pilots to the national company Sonair, and to my knowledge, the engineers too. They are a very professional company that I would not hesitate to recommend.
Have a look at their website at, Home - Zimex Aviation Ltd. (http://www.zimex.com). They have a section on pilot/engineer employment. You will need a JAA Licence.
Good luck!

Propstop
13th Feb 2009, 05:58
Hi Elzimex
Cheers mate. I do agree with your sentiments and I am still there having returned after time away.
Like any operation in this part of the world it is not without its problems, but if it is with the Sonair operation the accommodation is good, security what you make it, and you buy and cook your own food.
In a nutshell it is purely what you make of it and please do not bring a North American superiority complex with you and you will love the job.

ARENDIII
13th Feb 2009, 19:33
Did not even realise that such a thing ever existed!

FlyTCI
15th Feb 2009, 00:16
I'm a for-the-time-being "unemployed" Zimex free lancer. I have been with them for 3+ years and considering the kind of operation we do it's a top notch company.

When I was told there was currently no contract for me with Zimex I asked about the possibility going to the Angola operation. The response I got from our CEO, who is responsible for hiring crew to the Angola operation, was that for the time being they have no need for additional crew.

Times are tough..

Zed-Air
7th Sep 2009, 09:12
Sounds like pathological hesperophobia is alive and well here!

Only Canadians, by the way, who (despite its source is to be found further west) pretty much to a man suffer the same sickness, are "North" Americans.

Americans, having, on Earth, ever, nothing/no-one superior with which/whom to unfavorably compare themselves -- and no consequential envy, rage and/or hatred -- are, deservedly, much more confident of themselves.

Cordially - B A

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Sep 2009, 11:23
Wouldn't worry about the NASC too much Zed. It's completely overshadowed by the Ozmate chip on the shoulder.:}

Propstop
7th Sep 2009, 17:01
We finally found our form on Saturday !!! Up until then we have been good losers though.