PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

.air
10th Feb 2009, 13:11
Do i need a JAR license to fly as a first officer in an any Turkish Airline?I have an ICAO frozen ATPL

.air
10th Feb 2009, 16:27
Is any body sure?Is any body flying a turkish registered aircraft without a JAR license?

DenizD
10th Feb 2009, 16:37
These are the standards their training program pilots are meeting:

http://www.thy.com/images/Image/icerik/Miscellaneous/Approval-Certificate.jpg

Phileas Fogg
10th Feb 2009, 17:03
Yes,

There are non JAR pilots flying Turkish registered aircraft but it's a case of supply and demand.

I know of non JAR pilots operating Turkish registered A300 aircraft but the airline need to demonstrate to the DGCA that there are no such JAR pilots available.

But that's for an oddball like the A300, there are so many JAR pilots currently abailable for A320, B737, B757 etc. that I doubt a non JAR pilots would get a look in.

.air
10th Feb 2009, 17:45
What about work permits ???And average salary of 737-800 pilot?

Phileas Fogg
10th Feb 2009, 21:56
Work permits and average salaries for B737-800 will be about on par with work permits and average salaries for B737-300, B737-400 etc.

It's a case of supply and demand and the Turkish DGCA can be particularly picky when it comes to endorsing licences, they can hardly refuse to endorse a JAR licence, although they do make it difficult, non JAR licence, they'll probably have a field day particularly bearing in mind there are so many JAR B737 pilots available!

.air
11th Feb 2009, 03:26
But they can agree or its totally ipposible getting a Turkish Validation

bear11
11th Feb 2009, 16:50
Info from about a year ago, it was theoretically possible to get an ICAO licence validated in Turkey, but most of the carriers didn't want to know as ICAO licences had to do an air law exam with a high failure rate. Some carriers said they would take ICAO if the pilot paid his own way to Turkey and passed the exams, others said no as it was too much hassle. I suspect airlines with a TRTO had a more lenient attitude as they wanted the revenue. So the answer is (or was at least) it depends on whether you're a newbie or not, and it depends on the airline.

I would expect as a general point that the Turkish CAA would not be enthusiastic about foreign F/Os flying commercially (as opposed to training), given many of the local airlines have TRTOs in order to train ex-militiary Turkish pilots who make up the bulk of civilian pilots there. THY are currently looking for -NG Captains but require lots of hours, I suppose they can make a case for experienced Captains with the CAA and Department of employment - search and you will find a thread with some numbers.

IRISHPILOT
14th Feb 2009, 11:13
nothing much to add. If you have thousands of hours on type then there is a good chance of getting a validation. In that case you can expect around 4000 to 5000 Euro and company takes care of taxes. Several airlines recruit right now on the 73. But you will have to have an airline willing to take you on before you start the process.