PDA

View Full Version : Any Cargo outfits that will consider 250hr guys

pdsgillett
9th Feb 2009, 20:59
Hi Its likely this has been covered in one shape or another but is anyone aware of a cargo outfits that would look at new guy with 250 hrs for the right hand seat. Willing to relocate to anywhere just want to get on the ladder....

Any advice tips are appreciated

portsharbourflyer
9th Feb 2009, 21:22
TNT have in the past taken low hour pilots, however living close to Liege is a requirement.

Typically the hours flown in night freight operations can be quite low typically 250-300 hours a year. Therefore alot of night freight operators need direct entry FOs to have between 800 to 1000 hours total such that the time to achieveing a full ATPL and hence a possible command is only a couple of years.

DHL did take some low hour pilots a few years back but is very limited to the number that can be employed for the above reason, if it employs too many low houred pilots then you get a bottle neck in the system of too many low houred FOs and not enough SFOs for promotion to a command.

Afraid to say your best bet as a 250 hours guy this year will be Ryanair.

poseidon
11th Mar 2009, 00:21
The keeness that you are portraying is unfortunately only too common! We have all been there, needing our first job and willing to do anything for it. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts in this business, especially in the current, unfavourable climate. My advice is:
Firstly, do a flight instructor rating and increase your hours. At least, you will have lots of lovely hours in a year or so, and then things will look completely different for your CV.
Secondly, keep sending these CVs to everybody and anybody. The more CVs you send the more the chances of catching a recruitment drive in the right time.
Thirdly, network. Get to know people in the industry. You would be amazed at how many jobs are never advertised and just go to people who have been given the nod by someone on the inside.
This little regime worked for me and I am now happily employed by a great company.

Flying Mechanic
11th Mar 2009, 05:20
knock on doors and network in the industry, its the best way and it works!I did for my first few jobs.we have all been there. Also try and get a job with aircraft operator, and start mixing with pilots, as its all about who u know and contacts...good luck.

AvEnthusiast
11th Mar 2009, 05:40
"Knock the doors" does it include even companies that have no announced vacancies?

CR2
11th Mar 2009, 12:20
Yes AvEnthusiast, do that by all means. You never know and its costs nothing.