PDA

View Full Version : Good times ahead for BA Franchise ?

kipperman
27th Sep 2001, 22:52
Although it is troubled times for BA Mainline, resulting in a cut back in capacity, will this be good news for the BA franchise companies GB,B-Med and Maersk. Will they profit by picking up some of the lost routes?

BMed Boy
28th Sep 2001, 00:58
I too heard this rumour, but no details, that BMed were likely to pick up some of the cut BA routes, ?Gatwick ones and operate them from LHR in order to utilize and keep BA's slots there alive. Tripoli for instance would fit in nicely with BMed's current routes. If true then this will be the first effective transfer of pilot jobs from mainline to franchise, probably fits nicely with Rod's masterplan. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg as management race to make the most of this opportunity.

MissLeopard
28th Sep 2001, 01:31
what will happen to AML who are operating the B777 flights to the Caribbean?

Captain-K9
28th Sep 2001, 04:53
AML to cease ops.777 to be absorbed into BA. Cancun, Havana and others to be shelved w.i.e. and c/c to be made redundant.

wobble-head
28th Sep 2001, 22:30
just for info a lot if not all the aml c/c will be absorbed back into jmc.

MissLeopard
28th Sep 2001, 22:40
Thanks for the info, have a friend c/c for AML who has returned today from a trip and been interviewed as to whether would accept voluntary redundancy.However his roster is full and next trip is scheduled Monday.Can you enlarge a bit as to when this will all happen as he has been led to believe nothing is really wrong, I am puzzled, is this the company being economical with the truth? incidentally we rang staff travel of JMC with an enquiry about european flt sby ticket, and they said that city flier is going as well!Can you tell me how hard I need to push him into looking for another job IMMEDIATELY? they are acting as if it is all normal but I am not convinced. Please any help would be appreciated, dates etc.