PDA

View Full Version : T Prop Operators In The Uae

pdsgillett
9th Feb 2009, 19:44
Was wondering if anyone could hint to the T Prop Operators in the UAE??

I'm interested in freight/passenger/charter operators,
from my research its mostly jet outfits out there so perhaps there are some guy/gals out there that might be able to help.

Many thanks in advance

dynamicd
9th Feb 2009, 20:56
abudhabi aviation/saudi aramco dash 8s:ok:

NZ X man
9th Feb 2009, 23:56
Cargo operation based from Dubai I believe, Beech 1900's, use to see them down in Jeddah and Riyadh, scheduled run, look them up, I believe they are still operational

pdsgillett
10th Feb 2009, 10:37
Thanks

I believe the BE 1900 cargo outfit is Falcon Express Cargo Airlines.

Is the any operators using BE200 that anyone know of??

sharksucker
10th Feb 2009, 12:53
That's correct. Falcon Express Cargo Airlines, operating 4 BE 1900 and 1 F 27. In business since over ten years and still going strong. Not the highest salery, but a good company. Looking quite often for new crew. Minimum requirement for FO 500 TT and 300 ME and a BE 1900 type.
There is a company in Abu Dhabi operating King Air 350 its called TDIC. They do the run from Abu Dhabi to the Islands like Bani Yas.
Empire Aviation from Dubai are operating 2 Caravan (one on floats) out of Abu Dhabi to Bani Yas as well. Good money for captain as I heard.
I know a guy doing cloudseeding on a Kingair (90?) From time to time, not sure if the fleet is in Dubai or Al Ain..
Abu Dhabi Aviation recently increased their Dash8 fleet significantly, last time on their apron in December I believe I saw about 6 or 7 of them?
And I believe there is another caravan operator in dubai doing sightseeing flights around Dubai..
So quite a few around in UAE alone..

John Miller
10th Feb 2009, 14:17
Air Charter International operate the amphib Cessna Caravan through Jet Ops. They have three at last count.

The cloud seeding King Air is owned by Orsmond Aviation in South Africa and I understand the contract will be moved to direct control by the UAE weather service in 2009.

Empire operate the two TDIC Caravans and they are a great bunch of people (and pay their bills on time - always with a thanks).

S.F.L.Y
10th Feb 2009, 14:35
During the Al Ain show I spoke to a blond lady pilot next to the TDIC Caravan. When I asked her for contacts regarding pilot employments she just told me they would probably need people but not before 6 months (without giving me any contact). When I asked her about the AOC on which these Caravans were operated she told me she didn't know as she just joined the team :bored:

Jet Ops is asking over 5,000 hours (more than Emirates) to fly their floats C208s (I only have 3000 turbine time, too bad for me).

stone_crusher
21st Mar 2009, 04:10
Hey guys...........
i am 700 tt with me approx 350
looking to shift to turbo probs
any advice wer can i find a company which takes low timres like me??
all the companies are askin for turbine exp. but no one is ready to transition me to turbine from piston
pls help
TC
safe landings...