PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the iceberg, part 2

411A
29th Nov 2001, 05:47
So, now we have seen the aftermath of 11 September...many airlines reducing schedules... or going OUT of business altogether.
We have MANY very smart folks here on the forum..I wonder what IDEAS they have to offer to keep our industry afloat.
It certainly CANNOT be....business as usual.
Lets be realistic, new ideas are NEEDED from ALL...pilots, ground staff, management.
Any takers?

Steepclimb
2nd Dec 2001, 13:46
The solution is here was here all along. They usually go by the name of Easyjet, Ryanair, Southwestern etc.
Like any business it's a means of making money not a social service.
People will travel by air if they can afford to. Otherwise they stay at home of take the train.

GlueBall
5th Dec 2001, 22:08
Innovative stuff like a multitude of live TV channels with a flat screen at every seat. (JetBlue). Ticketless internet booking. A320 jets that provide an extra inch of elbow room. (The A320 cabin is 7 inches wider than the B737). Recaro seats with lumbar support. Decent seat pitch to clear your knees. Cold sandwich instead of peanuts. Unrestricted, uncomplicated fare structure. Fast retrival of checked baggage at destination. Minimum flight frequency of 3 daily roundtrips per destination.
Last but not least: S-E-X! Bring back the "hot pants" and mini skirts and give the captive passenger something to look at. Given all that, one doesn't even need a destination. :eek:

El Peligroso
10th Dec 2001, 10:49
"Hot pants and mini-skirts" - Glue Ball for PRESIDENT! :D

HEE-HA! ARIBA ARIBA! :cool:

Brenoch
11th Dec 2001, 12:28
Didnīt Braniff try that?? :D Anyhow, I do personally think there might be a segment of the market willing to pay for extra comfort and service.. Imagine say a 737 with around 80 seats, 2+2 and a few extra inches of legroom.. Proper, not to pretentious meals.. Besides that, Birds with all the correct attributes :p and Iīm quite sure the buisnessmen would chose that airline..

With the risk of sounding very cynical, I think it might not be to far from the truth..

T_richard
11th Dec 2001, 19:00
As an occasionl air traveler, I don't really need hot pants to get me on a plane but I don't want LUV's cattlecall boarding process or seats with no leg room or surly FA's or multi tier airfares.

rds198
11th Dec 2001, 19:25
What about a smokers airline..........?