PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Victorian Bushfire Appeal

Tidbinbilla
8th Feb 2009, 22:06
Hi Folks,

I awoke this morning to the terrible news of the loss of over 100 people in the Victorian bushfires.
Word is that due to the nature of many of the injuries, donations of blood are also urgently needed. I know as pilots it can be difficult to do this due regs, but I hope you will give it some consideration.:ok:

I've listed below some of the places where donations may be made. IMHO the Red Cross site would be best, but it is running slow due to high activity. They will accept credit card donations of as little as $5.00 AU. You can also call 1800 811 700, which is a freecall.

These people need our help. Please dig deep.

TID.

* Visit www.redcross.org.au (http://www.redcross.org.au)
* Phone 1800 811 700 (Australian Red Cross)
* Any Bendigo, NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch
* Any Bunnings store
* By direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund - BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797
Myer Bushfire Appeal
* All proceeds to the Salvation Army. Donate at any Victorian Myer store.

Update:
Coles will be donating all proceeds from its 750 stores nation wide on Fri 13th Feb to assist in Bush Fire Relief. PDF document on www.coles.com.au (http://www.coles.com.au/) with phone numbers for further info. Might help those who can't spare the cash but would like to help - everyone needs groceries!

Thanks to Dash L8 for the info.

Wod
27th Feb 2009, 06:22
Mods please do as you wish with this; it's not aviation.

I plod around the local streets each March collecting for the Red Cross appeal.

I received my initial guff at the beginning of this month, but it was followed up this week with a letter to say that the Annual Appeal is off because of the special appeals for Victorian Bush Fires and Queensland floods.

Intelligent recognition of the generosity already shown by so many Australians.

If you have not made a donation because you normally give to the annual appeal, maybe now is the time to tip something in for one of the other Red Cross appeals.