PDA

View Full Version : AirlineCrew.Net

Captain Gossip
27th Nov 2001, 18:19
Hi Dany,

when we started with AirlineCrew.Net (http://www.airlinecrew.net) on of the first topics on our forums was yours:

"Nice bulletin board; reminds me of home!"

I just had a look at your bulletin board and I noticed you changed the colours, I guess now it is my turn to say:

"Nice colours; reminds me of home (http://www.airlinecrew.net)

:D

best regards,

Captain Gossip

P.S. This time I did not include our (nice) banner; hope it will not be deleted.. :D

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: Captain Gossip ]

TowerDog
27th Nov 2001, 20:45
Did a quick surf of AirlineCrew.net:

Seems to be mostly for and about cabin crew.

(One Flaps 40 is plenty enough....
:D )

sky9
27th Nov 2001, 21:19
Seems a bit quiet to me; half the threads are dead.
If you want Gossip Capt., get on PPRuNe. :D :D

Captain Gossip
28th Nov 2001, 00:55
sky9, it is a bit quiet, you are right. When I tried to open this topic, in the mean time I read almost all active topics today aon AirlineCrew.Net.. ( that says something about the speed of Pprune as well.. :D )

We have only 1800 members, we just do it for fun.

Pprune is a great site, but why don't you give AirlineCrew.Net a chance now and then?

best regards
Captain Gossip,
aka Paul Wink
webmaster AirlineCrew.Net (http://www.airlinecrew.net) and CrewStart.com (http://www.crewstart.com)

flyblue
1st Dec 2001, 17:13
TowerDog,
I am sure that Flap's articulate posts are way too much for the average pilot, but you shouldn't be worried, we can provide explanations with drawings and footnotes if you are in trouble :D :D :D

Saab 2000 Driver
1st Dec 2001, 20:06
Uhhh Captain Gossip, I´m having a bit of a problem getting to the site.

I get the following message :

This is the placeholder for domain airlinecrew.net. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

Nothing like home, the real home i.e. PPRuNe !

http://evilness.iwarp.com/smilies/cwm41.gif

traveler
2nd Dec 2001, 05:01
It's back now, Saab.

Captain Gossip
6th Dec 2001, 14:37
Saab,

we were changing hosting company at that day. Sorry about that. downloading and uploading all files takes about 15 hours..
Even with a small bulletin board like ours :)

best regards

MikeSamuel
6th Dec 2001, 19:39
Isn't this just a little bit too much like PPRuNe???

TowerDog
6th Dec 2001, 20:03
FlyBlue:

Thanks for the offer.
Do you give flying lessons too?

:D

vheijens
10th Dec 2001, 04:43
http://www.airlinecrew.net/images/Airline_logos/klm.gif

The image-feature is quite nice, but home is still PPRuNe

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: TopFly ]

flyblue
11th Dec 2001, 00:34
Of courses I do, but just to real talented pilots, huge-egoed big mouth old battleaxes please refrain.
If you match the requirements :rolleyes: queue up with the others and wait for your turn :p

Cheers

Fabulous Flyblue

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: flyblue ]

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: flyblue ]

max_cont
12th Dec 2001, 16:23
Hi Captain Gossip, I’ve just had a quick browse through that site of yours.

It seems to be full of pilot hating F/A’s. If I were to trot out the drivel that they seem happy to spout, I would be shredded in an instant. (Quite rightly so)

I have never received a satisfactory answer to the question why they get so upset when someone makes an assumption about them based on their profession and yet they seem for the most part, happy to make the same assumptions about pilots.

I and I suspect that the majority people want to be judged on who you are and not what you do for a living.

My significant other is an F/A and I won’t be posting her answer to that question here. It’s not very flattering to some of the more shrewish F/A’s that seem to frequent that site of yours.

In short “viva PPRuNe”

TowerDog
12th Dec 2001, 19:06
Don't have no big ego, nor big mouth, just very talented. :D

Hmm, there is a line of pilot's waiting for your flying lessons?
How high do you take 'em?

Is it worth the wait?
Perhaps I should sign up and fly into the Blue Sky? ;)

Captain Gossip
13th Dec 2001, 23:46
Hi MikeSamuel,

of course it looks like pprune; we are using the same script.. The colors is about the only thing you can choose and like I told the colors you see here were chosen by me, not by pprune. But no hard feelings at all, Prune was there first of course and I could only dream of the number of visitors Dany has..

I started with things like weather, humour, and also email for pilots and flight attendants. Now you can also find it here, but I think CrewStart.com (http://www.crewstart.com) is the first airline crew portal. ( and there we do have 4000+ visitors daily..)

Max_cont,

I do agree that "you want to be judged on who you are and not what you do for a living" Well, although my nickname is Captain Gossip, I am a flight attendant, working for KLM. I think however that it would be great to see some more pilots on our site. Why don't give it a try and you will see that Airline Crew.Net is not
"full of pilot hating F/A’s"...

best regards,

Captain Gossip

[ 13 December 2001: Message edited by: Captain Gossip ]

flyblue
14th Dec 2001, 02:37
Max Cont,
not a very constructive post.
You make lots of assumptions, without considering that lots of Crewstart guests are also Ppruners, of course with a different handle. And speaking of who-hates-who, just go to the CC Forum on Pprune and look for the CSD thread, or the CC salary thread that went on some time ago. Not very edifying indeed. Conclusion, morons are equally shared by both sites and both sides (F/A and pilots), no one wins the contest (I am saying that to be politically correct. Of course F/A win :D PS: we also win the humour contest).

Of course Crewstart is much smaller, but it is a very friendly place on my opinion, and I must add that Paul's courtesy on treating the site's guests has no equal ("Hallo Paul!" :) )

[ 13 December 2001: Message edited by: flyblue ]

TowerDog
14th Dec 2001, 06:16
Ah, so Airline Crew.Net is run by a stew and frequented by stews?

Cool, now PPRuNe can be a real pilot's forum as the guys and the girls (or whatever) in the back will hang out at that other place...?

(Now if the engineers could make their own site as well)

:cool:

Captain Gossip
14th Dec 2001, 19:22
Hi flyblue,

thanks for the compliment! I checked in our database for a "flyblue" but couldn't find it.. What is your AirlineCrew.Net log-in? Just curious..

best regards

Captain Gossip

http://www.airlinecrew.net/images/Airline_logos/klm.gif

flyblue
14th Dec 2001, 19:49
He he Captain Gossip,
you have not so many working for AF ;) !

TowerDog
1) Who's a stew???! :eek:
2) hope it will eventually happen, so you will be left to get bored to death in the company of your likes (YAWN!) :D :D :D
(and I don't mean by that "all pilots". Just the few ones who like other pilots only company)

PS
Are you maybe...HOMOSEXUAL??? :eek: You know, just male company...one might wonder... :D
In this case I suggest you pay a visit in the Crewstart "Gay section".

Cheers!

Flyblue,
the misogynist pilot's nemesis :D (oops! guess I'm speaking too erudite for someone!)

TowerDog
14th Dec 2001, 22:02
FlyBlue:

Stew: Steward/Stewardess= An employee on a ship or airplane who serves passengers.

Like in the good old days when Pan-Am was king and the stews were all female, 25, single and pretty.

I am homosexual?
Not according to all my satisfied girlfriends... :D

Thanks for the offer to visit the gay stew forum, but not my cup of tea.
Enjoy.

max_cont
15th Dec 2001, 14:32
Hi Flyblue, I think I’ll have to clarify the intention of my post. It was my impression. The impression I got was from reading at random, a thread that was very anti pilot. Not the sort of thing that's going to attract pilots to any forum. (Unless they’re glutens for punishment)

I know there are idiots on both sides of the door, but if you want to attract the right sort of flight deck crew who will participate in a constructive way to the threads, it’s best not to insult them at the very start. (Save that for later)

I’m well aware that people will post on both sites using different names.

All I am saying is that to be successful like this site, (grovel grovel…the Capt might be watching) you have to make everybody welcome. The impression I got was that it was a site aimed at CC. FLT crew were tolerated but not really welcome.

I’ll not disagree with you about humour…the funniest boys and girls I know are CC.

Cheers

Captain Gossip
15th Dec 2001, 16:14
Hi max_cont,

"The impression I got was that it was a site aimed at CC. FLT crew were tolerated but not really welcome."

Flight crew is very welcome! It is true that most of our members are cabin crew, probably because pprune was there already when we started. Once more; Pprune is a great site, I think you make a good choice using this board. But you are *very* welcome at AirlineCrew.Net and CrewStart.com!

:)
Captain Gossip

flyblue
15th Dec 2001, 16:53
Max Cont,
Personally I don't have prejudice against people's profession. I make my judgement on what they say, not on what they do for a living. I wouldn't be interested on any site anti-someone (especially pilots, since it happens I have one home, a superpilot with lots of stripes and acronyms moreover, that I consider the best human being on earth).

I consider myself a Ppruner, but I like to pay visits to Crewstart, because as I said, it is a very friendly place, and I think that C/C threads tend to go deeper there and be discussed more thoroughly than in Pprune.
True is that here the panorama is more eclectic, and it is what makes Pprune unique, and the most visited. But of course what need should we have of two identical sites?
Crewstart is different, but worth the visit anyway, for different reasons than Pprune.

[ 15 December 2001: Message edited by: flyblue ]

traveler
16th Dec 2001, 14:41
Sounds like Captain Gossip should offer Fabulous Flyblue a job ! :p

P.S. some of us are from the pointy end, and continue butting in to give our perspective even when not asked. I like hanging out with the cabin crew, hear things from their point of view. Like someone said; there's plenty room for both.

;) :cool:

Captain Gossip
18th Dec 2001, 18:34
I just did :)

Recover
22nd Dec 2001, 18:44
I wonder....will this siganture thing work here. Here goes....

Captain Gossip
31st Dec 2001, 01:56
Hi Recover,

images in signatures will not work on Pprune. With the no. of visitors they have I can understand that; it would cost too much bandwith..

best regards

Captain Gossip

cabin secure
4th Jan 2002, 12:44
Some of my best friends are pilots!