PDA

View Full Version : What's that game.....

flynverted
7th Feb 2009, 22:15
And who has a link to it??

Years ago I spent many a night playing the game in question, and solved 18 of the 24 levels. I now no longer have the computer I had back then, so it's no longer in my favorites and I can't for the life of me remember it's name or the website where it was. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Today I did a bit of cleaning and found a paper with the solutions to 18 of the 24 rounds and would like to find the game again so I can solve the final 6 rounds.

Here's how it goes: You have a slingshot in outer space & shoot an object in the vicinity of different planets. The farther you pull the slingshot the higher the first number is for the solution. Then, before you release the object, you move your aim one way or the other. One way results in a + number, the other way results in a- number . Release the object and the object goes flying through outer space around planets (with varying degrees of gravity). Object gets too close to a planet and the gravity will pull it into the planet resulting in a crash & you start over. Get the speed and angle just right and the object will "slingshot" around the planet and move on to the next planet. Along the way the object has to collect flags placed strategically throughout the game. Hit a planet, adjust speed and angle and start over. Miss 1 or more flags, start over. Once you get the correct speed and angle you avoid all the planets and collect all the flags, level solved!

Forever grateful to anyony providing a link.:ok:

Loose rivets
7th Feb 2009, 22:21
Sounds awful. :( I know I wouldn't enjoy it.

bnt
7th Feb 2009, 22:34
I just took a look and found Slingshot Orbit (http://www.pepgames.com/games/slingshot-orbit), which looks like what you describe.

flynverted
7th Feb 2009, 22:40
Thanks, bnt, but that's not it. :(